You Can't Stop Mid-Stream!


 

So it’s been awhile since I’ve blogged.  Some of you may be happy to see another blog in your inbox and some may not be, but I had a thought this afternoon and I wanted to share.

Summer is quickly approaching and I don’t know about y’all but I am so enjoying finally getting out of the house. Where we are currently staying Dan, the girls, and I tend to go on a bike ride or walks almost every day and sometimes a couple times a day depending on weather and schedules.

This afternoon the girls and I were biking and my youngest kept getting in front of us, and then stopping to see if we were following her.  That wouldn’t be a bad thing if she didn’t keep stopping almost right in front of us.  What started to be a leisurely bike ride kept being riddled with me being afraid of crashing into her, and swerving at the last minute to avoid her.

As our ride progressed I kept thinking about how that is so much like life.  Think about if we were all tightly running a marathon.  If the person in front of you stops, you’d have to jump around them and adjust.  If you’re not careful you can create a pileup.   

So many times we get this idea in the body of Christ and in life, that if we want to just do our own thing for a little while and get off course then it isn’t going to affect the people around us, but that just isn’t the case.  What we do does affect those around us. 

To take this a step further, in Luke 5 when Simon Peter heard Jesus tell them where to fish, I’m sure the last thing he wanted to do was to go back out and fish.  He’d been out there all night and hadn’t caught anything.  Nevertheless he choose to obey God, and as a result his boat was overloaded with fish and so was everyone else’s that came to help.

When Joseph was sold into Egypt as a slave, he had every right to get bitter an angry but nevertheless, he continued to do what God set in front of him and entire nations didn’t die of starvation because of it.

I am saying all of this to say, run the race God has set before you.  Keep your eyes forward.  Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and just keep going.  You can’t stop in mid-stream, and you have to realize that we are all in this together.  Just as if you were in a school of fish, you all have to keep moving forward together.  Encourage one another, pray for each other, and don’t quit.  God has awesome plans for your life. So get excited!

*Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  Remember to go and hug a Vet today!  Because it’s Memorial Day Weekend, I am not airing a new Real Solutions video on Monday, However like any other network it’s RERUN day.  LOL, I’m posting reruns on my social media like every two hours so check it out.  Please keep these Real Solutions videos in prayer.  We are trying to see where God wants us to take them.  If you have a story and would like to be on the show, please let me know!  We have a couple great episodes premiering in June!

*Also, If you haven’t gotten your copy of ‘An Ember In Time’ check it out.  I know I’m biased about this but I just love this book . . . read it, post about it on social media, review it on Amazon, buy them for your neighbors, friends, mailman, etc.  I find it funny that currently the book is doing better in the Sci-Fi Genre than in the Christian one due to the whole time travel thing.  I assure you that there is a whole lot of preaching and teachable moments all through the book.  We believe for great things through this project!  They can be purchased either through my website at www.annamaquino.com or here at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Ember-Time-Anna-M-Aquino/dp/1632132265/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464303703&sr=8-1&keywords=An+Ember+In+Time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!