From the School House to the White House


 

            I want to share something that’s been on my heart lately and perhaps on the eve of America’s most historical election it seems like an odd time to share it, but I feel like I need to.

Ronald Reagan once said, Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.”

            Twenty years ago, give or take a few, when I was in high school/college.  It was a different world.  Sure the older folks complained about us whipper snappers, but innocence didn’t seem lost.  I remember when Ellen came out of the closet she was shunned and put off the air.  I remember I saw a drug deal once in high school.  In college (Ohio State University) I took a Human Sexuality class because it fulfilled a requirement, and really the class stayed pretty much on the topics and didn’t force a world agenda at us.  Sure evolution was talked about in other classes, but so were other theories of the origin of man.  I am not saying that twenty years ago we didn’t have a sinful society, but I guess I am saying that there was a moral standard.  (Or at least it seemed) People weren’t open and flaunting their choices to go against the Bible as much, and if they were it didn’t last long.

            Today I  have a 15 year old who is both virtual schooled in high school and goes to a community college part time. Many of you know that in Florida we had both our children in a typical school and we had a fight with the science teacher who called me a “bad mom” for encouraging my daughter to stand up for her faith when he bullied her and singled her out to make fun of Christianity. Choosing to put her back into this kind environment in college was a challenge, but we knew it was right for her.  She’s a strong kiddo.  The semester she started college was last year at 14.  She made a choice to take a Philosophy class.  While we knew she would be facing contrary belief systems she felt she was ready.  However what happened as a parent and an observer to our culture left me stunned.  They were taught that people are just animals and that they don’t have the ability to morally choose right from wrong.  So therefore they weren’t obligated to moral absolutes. There was no ‘right or wrong’.  For a whole semester my sweet daughter would leave that class and tell me how off this teaching was, for a whole semester she’d cry to me, “Mom, I know these things aren’t true but so many of these kids are believing this.”  Recently, she’s been taking an Anthropology class.  We somehow thought that the study of ‘Peoples and Culture’ wouldn’t have things like this in the class . . . but we were wrong.  I was helping her with homework the other day, and I couldn’t believe what their idea of ‘Peoples and Culture’ is.  There were units and entire sections on sexuality and gender roles.  They went on to support sexual choice, transgenderism, and including incest (oh yes, they justified it under a thin veil of ‘science’), the unit went on to discuss what they felt about the changes of masculinity and the family the way they saw it.  My daughter is correct.  So many of these kiddos don’t know the Bible and it’s no wonder that hearing all of this anti-God drivel messes them up. She tells me that she’s been told next semester at the beginning of the term the teachers are going to have to go around and meet each child so the child can tell them if they are a boy or a girl.  Today the moral decline is celebrated.  Sin is paraded about, and we are mocking God as a nation.

            We are at a Crossroads in America and no matter who is elected tomorrow, our nation will change.  I have not hidden the fact I’m voting for Trump for a whole list of reasons.  Many say they can’t vote for him due to ethical reasons but again to that I say, you can learn a lot about someone based on who they surround themselves with, and VP Pence is a man I can get behind.  Here is his address to the church.  Please watch it! https://youtu.be/oUkdvxqCKtg  He wasn’t my first choice, but I’ve been pretty clear as to how I came to this conclusion.

I was surprised to read an article on msn yesterday talking about certain swing states and this article was insulting Trump supporters suggesting they were mostly uneducated.  If ‘education’ means we tell children what their moral code should be based on an ungodly agenda, how is that an education?   There is an agenda behind all of this, and we as believers need to wake up!  This is a diabolical plot to brainwash children. I am not suggesting we stop educating our children, but I am suggesting we are active parents.  I am suggesting that perhaps we are a little pickier about the people we appoint to the Department of Education, and School Boards.  Those are the elections that matter too.  We must be vigilant on how we raise our children folks.

            I’m concerned as a parent, an American, and a member of the kingdom of God at the moral decline in our nation.  It didn’t change overnight.  It started when prayer was taken out of schools, it started when the Johnson Amendment gagged churches from teaching children the truth, and it started with Roe V. Wade.  The declines in the morality of this nation started a long time ago and yet many are in this ‘we can’t vote for either candidate because they don’t support more morals’ place.  If we want America to rise up a standard then we need to raise that standard.  It doesn’t just start with who is President, but it starts in the family.  It starts in the Education of our Children.  However flawed both candidates are we are a nation that voted them there. Only 5 million Christians voted in the primaries but yet now they are going to complain about these two choices?!

            Abraham Lincoln said, “The philosophy in the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next." Beyond just this election there is a generation that needs a touch from heaven.  Beyond this election the next generation are being brainwashed by our culture and we as leaders, parents, and friends need to say enough is enough.  We must stand for righteousness. “If we ever forget we are a nation under God we will be a nation gone under” ~Ronald Reagan.
       God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

 

Comments

  1. Wow, Anna, this is amazing! You, my friend, are a world changer and history maker! I'm so excited to see where the Lord is taking you! Wow!!

    God Bless - Stephanie Heizman

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!