Does it Feel Like Your Bomb Shelter is Filling up With Water?

I grew up in Ohio. On the property that my parents owned in a heavily wooded area was a bomb shelter. Built by whoever owned the property before my parents had bought it. We’re guessing it was built some time during the height of the Cold War since my mom and dad have owned the property since 1974. Many a bomb shelter were built around the country during this time because so many were scared of a nuclear attack. People thought that in order to survive they had to be in a shelter below the surface. After my parents bought the property my dad decided that building our play house right on top of it was the best idea he could come up with. I remember as a kid going down there on only few occasions. The funny part about this bomb shelter was that I’m pretty sure whoever built it didn’t take the time to figure out that every so many times a year it fills up with water. The steps to lead down to it were wooden and over the course of the years they’ve broken apart because of all the water. Building a bomb shelter that fills up with water on a occasion is a funny story but it is also in one word redundant.

We all go through times and seasons were we feel like our bomb shelter is filling up with water. Maybe we feel like the seasons we’re going through have no point or purpose. Often times we can feel as if we’ve been around the mountain too many times and are wonder if God is being redundant with us.

I can assure you today that God knows what he’s doing and He has a plan. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, “To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven.” One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible is Isaiah 55:8-11, “’For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,’ says the Lord. ‘For as the heavens are higher than the earth. So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, So that My word be that goes forth from My Mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing which I sent it.”

So here is my point, you may feel like the time and season you are in is redundant and feels like a bomb shelter that fills up with water. But I assure you that God has a plan and purpose for your life. He knows what He’s doing. I was recently rereading “Close Encounters of The God Kind” written by Jesse Duplantis. If you’ve never heard before how Jesse had a major encounter where he was taken up into heaven I highly recommend that you hear this story. In it Jesse gets to talk to Apostle Paul. One of the lines from that conversation has stuck with me. Paul says to him, and I’m paraphrasing, “That so many people go through things, but in the grand scheme of things that their suffering is only for a moment. Don’t make it a lifetime.” Meaning go through your season and move onward. Even if it feels redundant.

God knows what He is doing in your life. He has a plan and a purpose that must be fulfilled. Do not give up hope, and don’t give up now. Even if it continues to fell redundant to you keep plowing forward knowing that some way God will make it all work out. Later you may be able to look back and see how everything came together because of His amazing plan. I challenge you today to keep trusting Him. Keep yielding to His plan, and you’ll be surprised where He will lead you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!