"She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes!"

After my husband and I had my oldest daughter I can remember one day in particular trying to set her down for a nap. She’d been cranky. I was frustrated because it seemed every time I laid her down she’d cry. She couldn’t have been more than a month old. We lived in this little one bedroom 600 square foot apartment. I really had no one to give me help since we’d moved across country from all our family. I remember distinctly trying to put her down, she woke up screaming, and I felt the Lord say, “It’s just as frustrating to me when I work on something with you to let go, and we should be past it and as soon as we move on to work on something else in you, you pick it back up again.”

It is possible for us to frustrate God. He loves us so much, and He is changing us from glory to glory. He’s got so much to do in your life. You have to let Him work on those things in you. Once He does work on that thing. . .you need to let it go and not pick it back up again. We get annoyed that He doesn’t seem to be doing things fast enough in our life, but really sometimes it’s our own stubbornness that can hold His plan for our life at a halt.

Philippians 3:12-13 says, “12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,”

I’m not saying to you that you’ll forget everything in your past. But what I am saying is keep God’s plan and purpose in your life clearly in your focus. Press forward. A person running backwards will eventually fall on their butt.

There are some of you today that are frustrated because you feel you have gone around and around this mountain. You’re feeling that “you’ve been here before and done this too many times.” Maybe this time you go around the mountain you should ask the Holy Spirit as to how to deal with it, and do it His way. Maybe this time, instead of going around the mountain. . . You’ll be moving up it! Press forward to the goal.

Habakkuk 2:2 says, “Then the LORD answered me and said: “ Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.”

I would encourage you today that if you don’t have a clear vision as to what God wants for you in this life to write what you do know. Write it down even if it sounds silly to you. Keep it before you and when you feel like your going around that mountain again. Keep pressing forward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!