Sometimes, God Surprises His Kids!

One of my favorite childhood memories was when I was probably 8-9 years old. My dad put me in the car one morning and refused to tell me where we were going. He simply said for a car ride. After the minutes begin to drag on that car ride began to get unbearable to me. I wanted to know where he was taking me, and why we left. I always have had an overactive imagination and I can remember trying to guess, but I never figured it out. After what seemed like a lifetime, but really it was only an hour, my dad pulled the car into the Columbus Zoo parking lot. I can remember feeling so special that my daddy was taking me to the Zoo for the whole day just the two of us. I remember little about that trip, other than how special that made me feel. A few days ago I called him and talked with him about it, and he remembered how much I loved watching the eagles. It’s a special memory for both of us.

Let’s be honest here. God doesn’t always tell us everything He’s up to in our lives and sometimes that can get us frustrated. Isaiah 55:8-9 says, “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.“ For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.

But even if we feel a bit frustrated at where we see ourselves going, we have to realize that God knows what He’s doing. He had good plans for His children. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

I wish I could tell you that everything God has for you to do will make sense but I can’t. But this is where you have to trust Him. You have to know that He has good plans for you. You have learn to let go of you controlling your life, and trust that He is. In reflection of that story with my dad, I could have thrown a fit and demanded that he tell me where he was going. I could have waited until we got to a stop light and simply walked out of the car, but I would missed out on such a wonderful day. My own frustrations and concerns would have stopped the very blessing my dad had in store for me. In order for me to get the blessing I had to trust that wherever he was taking me he knew what he was doing. I had to go along with it.

Proverbs 3:6 says, “In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths” Psalm 9:10 says, “Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.”

Do you trust Him today people? Do you truly believe that God knows what He’s doing? He has not forsaken you. He has not forgotten about you. You are His child, and He loves you so much. He has not brought you this far to leave you now. But He wants to bring you to the place of destiny. He wants to bring freedom to your life. Are you going to trust Him today, or are you going to demand He stop this car and let you out. It can be scary and frustrating at first when you’re not sure what God is up to, but if you know Him, and trust Him you’ll know everything is going to be alright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!