Following the Writing on your Leg

Most of you have heard me talk about the years I spent training as a cheerleader. It had been a personal goal of mine to cheer for OSU until I injured myself doing a standing back tuck on a carpeted concrete floor without a spot.

I spent a lot of time training in gymnastic gyms. For a period of time my mom drove me to another city about 45 minutes away because my trainer, a former OSU cheerleader, taught cheerleading gymnastics there.

While I went to that gym there was a particular girl there that changed my life. I honestly don’t remember her name. I don’t remember much about her, but I do remember she had such an awesome relationship with the Lord. It oozed out of her. She loved God so much that in order to express her love for God she used to write things like “I love Jesus” on her knees while in school. It seems like something so little and funny, but this was during a time in my life where I had a crush on a different boy every week and I was writing “I heart so and so” on my books, but this girl was writing it about Jesus. This was the first time in my life that I ever remember someone having that kind of effect on me. I wanted what she had. I wanted to not look at some silly boy for that kind of love, but I wanted to look for God. Her relationship with God struck me as something that deep down for which I longed. Meeting her spurred me to pursue a deeper relationship with God. Meeting her showed me that I could have a close relationship with Jesus. I believe God set me to meet her in my life for this reason.

So many times in life, God puts us in situations where we are making an impact on the world around us. We can either make a positive impact or a negative one. Do people see Jesus bubble up in you. Are you inspiring people to walk closer to Jesus?

In 1 Corinthians 11:1 Paul says “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” Paul understood that people were looking to him. He understood that he inspired those around him to a closer walk with Christ. He had a revelation that it was not him they were following but the Jesus in Him.

Take a moment in this holiday weekend to think about the lasting impact you leave with people. I’m not saying you have to write on yourself to do this, but think about it. Will you inspire or annoy? Will you be a person that brings peace or a person that brings chaos. Will you be a person that is bubbling over with the love of God, or are you a person that is just getting by. God wants us to be fishers of men. (Matthew 4:19) Inspire the world around you. You’ll be fulfilling your purpose as you do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!