Time of Gathering

Hello! I hope you all have had a great few weeks. We enjoyed our vacation immensely. We had some great family time. I made contact with a few bookstores and even was able to schedule a book event in my hometown of Marion, Ohio on December 11th for the devotional I’m in coming out this fall. If you live in the Ohio area, please mark it on your calendar! It’ll be an awesome time to get to see all of your faces!

I want to share today from some things the Lord dropped into my spirit while we were in Canada a few weeks ago.

Isaiah 54 is a scripture that God has brought me back to at many times. In fact, for a couple of years I was stuck in verse 2 and 3 for a while. So when I felt the Lord leading me back to that scripture I internally groaned a little thinking what have I not gotten out of this scripture, but God’s word is so multi-faceted. He has a way of showing you things you’ve never seen before. I felt him direct me to verse 7 and 8 that day.

Isaiah 54:7-8 (KJV)
“For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.”


First, let me say that God will never leave you nor forsake you. God says that in the word quite a bit. However sometimes it can feel like He did. We live in the New Testament. I don’t want you all thinking that God is mad at you, that‘s between you and God. However sometimes it can feel like He is.

There are times and seasons in your life that you may not understand. You may wonder, “But God why am I going through all of this? Where is what you said?” God is making a promise here. He’s saying, “I will gather you.” He’s saying, “I will bring it all together. I will make it work!”

When God led me to this passage, again I felt very strongly that God was saying to me and to many in the body that this is a Gathering time in His Kingdom. This is a time where we will begin to see that all these things that we’ve done in faith have not been in vain. This is a time where we will begin to see the hand of God in our lives and know that it was only by His power did He bring it all together and make it happen.

I want to encourage all of you today that we’ve stepped into that Gathering Time as a body. You must trust that God will and can “make all things work together for good for those that love the Lord.” (Romans 8:28)

He is doing exciting things in your life. You have to trust Him. You have to let it go and give those things that have been causing you all this anxiety over to Him. Let Him gather it together. Let Him make it work! Let Him put the pieces to the puzzle together. You’ll see it won’t be long until you can step back and say, “It’s a good thing!” Be encouraged today. God is faithful to you and to the call of God on your life. Be excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!