Is your fruit made out of wax?

When I was a little girl and we used to go over to my grandparents house there was this bowl of wax fruit that baffled me. Even as a kid I wondered what use is that? Yes it looked pretty but it had no real use. This last week as I worked on a section in a book I just finished I found myself talking about wax fruit. It was a revelation I’d like to share with you today.

The Bible talks about fruit quite a bit. Here are just a few examples (NIV):

John 15:5
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Romans 7:4
So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

Galatians 5:22-23
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.


Think of it this way. You are a “tree” in the kingdom of God and you will bear the kind of fruit that your tree is. If you’re not a part of the vine then you’ll bear bad fruit. The vine is Jesus Christ.

The chapter I was working on in this book was about being fake. My point was there are a lot of people out there that are bearing fake fruit. Good fruit God can use, bad fruit at least can get burnt or thrown on a compost heap, but fake fruit? Well waxy fruit will do just that. It’ll melt in the heat.

I love what Prophet Chris D’Amico said at meetings that we recently had at our church. He said that “We’re like tea bags, what is in us comes out when we’re thrown in hot water.”

We need to have real fruit in the kingdom. We need to be people of substance. The world doesn’t need to see any more waxy or bad fruit. They need real fruit to see!

Matthew 23:25
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.

Matthew 23:26
Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.


Appearances are good, and I won’t lie and say they never matter, but God is more concerned about the inside than the outside. If one is so caught up in only the outside appearance but isn’t addressing things on the inside. . .their fruit is becoming like that waxy apple. It will be no use to anyone, but just to melt it.

Be people of substance. Be people that aren’t just living to keep up with appearances but a person that has meaning and purpose. Be a purpose whose living with a purpose and on purpose. If you’re going to really pursue God’s plan for your life you must evaluate your fruit. Make a decision to be a producer of real fruit. Real fruit produces good seeds for more trees who will in turn produce more fruit. God wants us in the kingdom to be fruitful and multiply. Be real fruit!!

Comments

  1. This was well-said. I've read several of your posts here and was challenged by them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Spiritual Motion Sickness?

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!