Please, Shut the door on the way out!

A few days ago while in prayer I had a vision that was for both me and several others in the body of Christ. I felt to share that with all of you for today’s blog. I believe it’s for many.

What I saw before me was a great light, and behind me was an open door that I’d already stepped through. But the door was still open.

Instinctively I knew what the Holy Spirit was trying to show me. It was as if I’d stepped through the new door, but I hadn’t closed the door behind me yet. Why is that important? Well think of it this way, if the door behind me was darker, I’m not going to be able to see much the entrance to the new place because what is behind is mixing with what is ahead leaving it a mushy mess. Even though I’d already passed to the new place the door is still open and the old place is blocking my vision of the new.

I have heard prophetic word after prophetic word that this is a season of change and new doors. I believe what God was showing me is that in order to see that I’ve stepped over into the new place I have to shut the door to what I’ve just come out. When we begin to walk in destiny it’s easy to allow our pasts to dictate to us what we see, but God is telling us we must close the door. We have to allow ourselves to be free from what is behind us. We have to allow ourselves to push into the new thing, and let go of the old.


Luke 5:37
(NIV)
And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined.


God is yearning to bring to that new place, but you have to let go of the old mindsets. You have to let go of all the ways it’s been in the past and choose to allow Him to change you and bring you into this new season. You have to shut the door to see the new place. You have to keep trusting in Him that this time it will be different. Just because you’ve gotten no after no before, when you do what He tells you to do, this time you’ll walk through to a new day. You must have faith that He is!


Isaiah 62:10 (NIV)
10 Pass through, pass through the gates!
Prepare the way for the people.
Build up, build up the highway!
Remove the stones.
Raise a banner for the nations.


You must pass through the gates and pursue destiny. You can’t prepare the way for the people if your so busy looking at what is behind you.

Keep pressing forward to what you know God has called you. Keep earnestly seeking after Him and trust Him. It takes faith to shut the door to what you’ve known before, but I promise you it’s worth it! Let go of the past and grab tightly to what is before you! God is a good God! Be excited, because there are new things in store for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Spiritual Motion Sickness?

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!