But I Want To Color In That Book!

As many of you know, I have a sister 5 years and 11 months older than me. When we were growing up, she had a coloring book that I was not allowed to color in. It was hers and she did not want my juvenile scribbling in it. It did not matter how many coloring books that was put before me, I wanted to color in her book. It was something that greatly bothered my immature mind. Why couldn’t I color in her book? I wanted to, that had to mean something?! The inhumanity just seemed so unfair to my little mind. Truthfully, I’d forgotten all about this until yesterday. My youngest and I were coloring and I thought briefly, “I wonder whatever happened to that coloring book?”

So often in the body of Christ, we act the same way towards our bother and sisters in the Lord. We want to do what they get to do. We set around and focus on how it just seems so unfair that this person or that person gets all the breaks and we don’t. We wallow in our own self-pity so much where it seems life in general is unfair. Nothing seems to satisfy us anymore.

I realize to some of you this might sound harsh, “But get over it!” God has unique plans and purposes in each of our lives. The more we focus on what someone else gets to do the more unhappy we’ll be about our own calling and gifting. God created you for such a specific thing that only you can fulfill, and I promise that when you get there it’ll be more awesome to you then what you think you want. You were created for purpose and destiny. You have to fulfill yours and stop trying to fulfill someone else’s.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Paul really likes using running analogies in the New Testament.

1 Corinthians 9:24 (Amp)
Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but [only] one receives the prize? So run [your race] that you may lay hold [of the prize] and make it yours.


To continue that vein of thought, if your running a race and keep watching the person beside you, you won’t be able to complete your race. You’ll start hitting trees, and anything else that might be in your way.

Keep your eyes fixed on your prize. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus. I promise you that your coloring book will be awesome. You’ll be excited when you get to color in yours. God’s glory will be manifest in your life. Go towards what God is telling you for you. Embrace it with a passion. The journey will be worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!