God's Desires/Happy 200th

I want to thank all of you who prayed for me this last week as I went to the radio interview/book signing. It was an awesome experience. I am very grateful to have gotten to do it, and have been invited to come back next year. God is so faithful!

I kept thinking all last week about when I was a little girl and I would ride on the motor scooter at my grandparents’ house for hours around their yard. Sure when I was not trying to make the thing flip or run into the grape harbor, I can remember pretending that I was being interviewed. Perhaps that is not an uncommon thing for kids to do, but I remember setting on that motor scooter burning a path around grandma’s house and talking to a fake person.

Its funny doing with my life what I am doing today, is so far outside what I thought as a child I would be doing. I remember when God called me into ministry I inevitably figured I would be a missionary somewhere in Africa. I would have never thought I would have moved outside of Ohio. However, God had other plans. I was just talking to someone this morning about that. God’s plans for our life are always bigger than what we can imagine, and we have to trust Him that He sees something in us that we may not see.

So many times, I find that we are the creation trying to tell the creator what is best for us. Can the clay tell the potter which way it can go? Can the mural tell the artist what it should look like? God has such a unique exquisite plan for each one of us, but sadly, too few people find it because their too busy trying to make what they think should happen instead of allowing God to bring it about. It is not easy. It is a process. I have not arrived but I am here to be your cheerleader and to tell you “You can do it!” “He is faithful!” Stick with it. God has a way that will surprise you.

I am walking in bits of destiny today not because I am so great. It is because God put this on the inside of me when He formed me inside my mother’s womb. It is humbling to me to see these things begin to happen, because I know it is not me. I cannot write a sentence without his grace and there are situations where people still don‘t understand me when I speak. This was His desire and I am just a vessel. When His desires become my desires that is when He can do mighty things. When His desires become your desires, then you will hold fast to what He has promised and trust enough to move forward and not let go.

Psalm 37:4 (NIV)
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Be encouraged today. May your heart cry by “Let Your Kingdom Come forth in me. Let your will be done in me.”

***As a side note, I also want to mention that this is my 200th blog. Two years ago, I started writing these simply because there was so much on the inside of me I had let it out. It has been humbling to see what God has done through it. Thank you to all of you who have continued to enjoy the ride with me. Smiles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!