I Can't See the Writing on The Window!

My parents had this thing about not writing on the window of a car with your finger. I’m sure all of you can picture it. It can be hard seeing out the windows of a car when the temperature changes and the windows fog up. Their complaint was valid, they said that often no matter how many times they tried to clean the window after we’d doodled when the windows fogged back up again they could still see our doodle. I remember getting in trouble for my friends then going into the car and scribbling on the windows.

Many people live their lives about sin like the doodle on the windows. Their convinced their lives are forever scarred by sin they’ve committed. People go around their lives trying to make up for their mistakes. They live their lives in fear that something will happen and that sin will be able to be evident. While there can be consequences for our bad choices on the earth. When we ask Jesus into our heart, and we’ve confessed and repented, he wipes the window completely clean. When He looks at you he doesn’t see the sin, He sees His child.

Romans 8:1 (NIV)
[ Life Through the Spirit ] Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,


You don’t have to live under some kind of fear blanket or ‘woe is me’ attitude. Be free from condemnation. As a little girl growing up in the Lutheran church, the pastor I had growing up used to say a line that I’ve found myself quoting often. He always used to say, “When you mess up two people have to forgive you: Jesus and yourself. Jesus did that on the cross, so why is it so hard for you to let it go”

If you mess up, own up to it and move on. Living a life full of regrets is not going to move you forward. I have tried to live my life by the code, I don’t want to ever be at the end of my days, and think “what if?“

If I am constantly walking with my back toward the finish line, It’ll be hard for me to be able to see where I’m going. You have to leave the past in the past and turn around. You won’t be able to change what happened no matter how hard you worry about it. However, you can affect your future now. You change your tomorrows by your present not by your yesterdays. Move forward today. He is faithful.

Many have this crazy unbiblical view of God that He’s up in heaven constantly disappointed with us. Every time we mess up it’s as if He has a scale to add another weight. That’s not true! When Jesus died on the cross for our sin the concept of what we deserve was no more. That doesn’t give us an excuse to sin all over, but it does introduce grace.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (amp)
But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

Allow Him to wipe the windows clean of your life. Stop trying to clean them yourself. Move forward in the things He has for you. Life is too precious and too sacred to keep living in the past. It’s time to live and walk in the destiny He has for your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!