I Ran Into the Grape Harbor

When I was in the 4th grade, my grandparents blessed me with a motor scooter. I was too young to drive it on the street legally. Instead, I drove in circles for hours around their yard. I put miles and miles on that aqua blue piece of fun over the years while my grandmother ran out and re grass seeded the worn path I created. Once I had a stupid idea that I was going to go fast and put on the front brakes to see what would happen. If you know anything about motor bikes, you have to know that was not a good idea. I was curious and I wanted to try. The bike and I did cartwheels together and it came out on top. Another time I decided to break too late and I went headfirst into my grandmothers grape harbor. I not only put miles on that bike but wrecks as if it were notches on the seat. I loved that bike. It was not the wisest choice to use the front brakes, or run into the grape harbor.

Why is it when we make stupid choices do we think its okay to blame God for them? Really, it was not God who made me run into the grape harbor on a motor scooter. It was not God who made me think it would be a good idea to go really fast and see if I can put on the front breaks and flip the bike. God did not make those choices. The enemy did not make me make those choices. I have free will. I made those choices and had the bruises as a result of them.

God is a big advocate of free will. He is not into mind control. He wants people to make the right choices because they want to, and not because they think their forced to make them.

Leviticus 22:29 (NKJV)
And when you offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving to the LORD, offer it of your own free will.


Contrary to what many people think life is not some cosmic chess game. God has awesome plans and purposes for your life but it is up to you to choose what you want to do. Life is a series of choices. Do you choose heaven or hell? Freedom or bondage? Destiny or defeat? Those choices affect not only yourself but also those around you. You cannot blame God when people make bad choices.
When I flipped the bike and ran into a grape harbor, it was a bad choice. However, one bad choice did not end my life. I got back up, limped into the house and was fine a few days later. If you have made some bad, choices get back up

Proverbs 24:16 (Amp)
For a righteous man falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked are overthrown by calamity.


I have always said that the true measure of a person is not when they fall because they will. But the true measure is how they get back up again and keep going. If you have made some bad choices don’t blame God. Get back up and keep going. Make the choice to get on the “motor scooter” and ride. God loves you. Repent and move forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!