Running from the Red-Eyed Goose



My parents live very close to my aunt in a heavily wooded area. I grew up going over to my aunt’s house often. My dad purchased for my aunt several ducks and one goose many years ago.

While those animals have long since been gone, that goose I still remember. I was mortified of that thing. If you snuck up on it then maybe it would seem innocent it’s nice white feathers all it place, but then it would turn around and look like the goose version of the exorcist. I had red eyes and teeth. That thing hated me, and I can remember it chasing me around the yard as a little kid. I would sneak up to the porch hoping I could open and close the door before it figured out it was me.

That evil goose really scared me, but it’s so funny to think about this now because even when it caught me it just would peck at me. Maybe he’d nip at me and pinch me a little, but He really couldn’t do anything to me. But never the less it mortified me. I had all sorts of visions of this evil goose. To this day I have a thing with white geese, they still kind of freak me out.

We do the same things to many things in our own lives. We make a bigger deal out of it in our heads than it really is. We are deceived in thinking that this thing is going to somehow be able to hurt us when really it can’t do anything to us.

1 Peter 5:8 (NIV)
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.


The Bible says that the devil is roaming around LIKE a lion. That doesn’t mean he is a lion. That means he’s deceiving you to believe that he is one. But wait a moment. We have authority over the devil. Jesus gave us that authority.

Luke 10:19 (NIV)
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.


When you’re allowing the enemy to puff himself up in your life and chase you all around you look just as silly as I did running from that goose. That goose couldn’t really do anything to me. I was three times its size. The same goes with you and the enemy. Remember who has the advantage here. If Jesus is for you than who can be against you? Quit letting the enemy chase you all over the place and be bold to get where you need to go. Because God has destiny and purpose for you to fulfill and you might need to stand up to a few “geese”. But greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. (1John 4:4) God has awesome plans for your life, so get excited.

*This really isn’t the same goose, but I thought you’d appreciate the visual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!