Standing For Life



Yesterday I joined one of many groups taking a stand against abortion on a yearly event that is now beginning to sweep our nation called Stand4Life. In had been a really long time since I had done something of this nature. While in High School I had joined up with a traveling ministry called Teens 4 Life. It was a training ground for me on this issue. But as I’d graduated and had my own children this was the first time I’d done something like this since.

Yesterday I stood in front of an abortion clinic in Orlando, FL prayed and wept with many others. Stand4Life is not a protest, but a declaration of love. It’s a stand to say “We love those babies that are being murdered. We love those people who are in a place thinking they have no other hope. Let us pray for you.“ There was a particular man I watched leave the clinic and wait for his wife. Later I learned, because I’d heard one of the workers say, that He and his wife had decided to go ahead and kill their baby because “they felt it wasn’t time in their lives to start having children.” In the midst of Lexus and BMW cars, I kept thinking of my oldest daughter. We found out she was going to be joining our lives in a time that was less than ideal in our minds. We’d been just newly married, and it was the furthest thing from our minds at the time. I stood there praying because now almost 10 years later I can’t imagine our life without her. It may not have been our timing for her on the earth, but it was certainly God’s time. The deception was all around thick like a blanket, and I couldn’t shake the feeling that the building I was praying in front of was a death factory. Why is it that publicly we think the Holocaust is horrible but we don’t wake up and realize there is a Holocaust going on in our nation of unborn babies? Why is it many people see one has horrendous but the other as acceptable?

Proverbs 31:8 (NLT)
8 Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves;
ensure justice for those being crushed.


People who blow up abortion clinics are not okay. They have issues. Sadly Christians get thrown into that pile. But that’s not true. Our motivation yesterday wasn’t hate, but love. Those babies who died in that clinic yesterday weren’t tissue. They weren’t cells but they were babies, and according to the Bible someone needs to speak because they don’t have the words to speak.

Jeremiah 1:5 (NKJV)
5 “ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”


God forms babies in the womb of their mothers. I know many would want to debate this as to when exactly that happens. I’m not writing this blog to have a pro life verses pro choice debate. I’m not trying to throw judgment on these people. Just trying to simply state a truth.

Yesterday I also had the opportunity to hear a couple of testimonies. One was from a woman who had an abortion earlier in her life. She’s now given her life to the Lord and knows she’s forgiven but is learning to forgive herself. Another woman who was ready to abort her child but she had a divine encounter and God essentially told her not to. Both women affected by abortion, and both women joined us yesterday to pray for this issue.

Make a choice to stand4life. Make a choice to stand for righteousness. Make a choice to vote for politicians that are making the same stands. Make a choice to help those you know who are in this situation, be available to help them. Make a choice to love people. Make a choice to pray. One day we will all be accountable before God for the choices we made on this earth. Let us make the choice to love.

*Attached is a picture taken yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!