What Can You Do With Unmatched Curtains?

Dan and I lived in Pittsburgh, PA right after we were married. We rented the back end of this old house in an area of town that was not the greatest. Fortunately, though in order to get to our side of the house we had to go through a gated courtyard. That apartment had a lot of character and many windows. I am not a huge curtain person, but there were all these open windows and no blinds. We knew we had to do something. We also knew that we would only be living in that apartment for only a few months so were were not going to run out and spend a lot of money to deal with the situation. Therefore, we went to the fabric store and we bought yards of a light cotton fabric that we thumb tacked to the top of the window and I put a fake hem at the bottom using an iron and heat adhesive.

The theory behind my idea made sense. However in practice was a different story. I was so proud of myself. I had worked all day on my curtain masterpieces only to find out that the picture window ones were not even. One was about four inches shorter than the other. Dan and I laughed about the curtains. They were funny looking.

When we moved across the country, I found those curtains in a box and I decided it was time to repurpose them. We would just found out our oldest daughter was on the way. So while I am not much of a seamstress, I made a baby blanket, and three little baby jumpers out of them. My mom made jokes about me being Maria VonTrap, but they were kinda cute.

There are times in life when we can look at something we have done and only see a mess. However, God finds a way to make it worth something. God finds a way to make it usable.

Romans 8:28 (NIV)
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


Sometimes when you look at something when you have worked hard for and you just see a mess it is hard to think something good can ever come of it. Nevertheless, God has a way of bringing things around. God can turn your mess into a message. God can bring your struggle and turn it into ministry. But you have to remember it will not happen over night.


Psalm 46:10a
(NIV)
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;

Get EXCITED! God has awesome plans for your life. Give him the mess, and what He will do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!