Hurry it UP!!



It was a rough morning in the Aquino household today. Last night I had preached in Lake Mary and probably left a little too late, and my kids got to sleep and hour and a half past their bedtime. Though I do think they napped in the car ride home. I felt sympathy for them, so I let them sleep in 30 minutes later than usual thinking they could hurry up and get ready for school. Maybe for one of my kiddo’s that would have worked, but the other one was having issues. It got down to the wire, and I was yelling. We had 12 minutes to go, and I the youngest still hadn’t gotten ready. So I started to help her, and exactly at the last minute we pulled out the drive.

I am not of fan of last minute, rushing, freaking out, and getting ready chaos. I like all of my ducks in a row, and I like to have everything ready to go so that when it’s time for something to happen the transition is smooth. While God is NOT a God of chaos and disorder, He does sometimes wait until what you feel is the last minute. He’s quite notorious on waiting until the “midnight hour”. It’s not that God is messing with you or playing mind games on you, but consider it a lesson in faith. God is always on His timing. He is never late. He wants you to know that you can trust Him, and all will be well.

You have to always trust God that He will come through.

Isaiah 55 8:11 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven

and do not return there but water the earth,

making it bring forth and sprout,

giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,

11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;

it shall not return to me empty,

but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,

and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

I did finally get my kids to school today, and we ended up laughing in the car. I suppose the memories of me threatening to send them to school without their shoes on if they don’t hurry up and get them on may cause for some good comedy relief when they get older. I know I shouldn’t threaten….and no I wouldn’t send them to school shoeless.

Trust the Lord, it will all work out. He will come through, even if it feels like it’s at the last minute. It will be well. Remember He has awesome plans for your life. Get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!