I'm Thankful for Mango's, Rainbow's, Avocado's, and Tomatoes



Yesterday while in prayer I felt the Lord impress upon me to do a family activity. I thought I’d share the experience in light of Thanksgiving being Thursday. I cut five stripes of construction paper for each person and we all had to write on it five things we were thankful for and then share it with the family. As we went around the circle and shared the things we were thankful for, I took each strip of paper and added another link to a paper chain. Each thing we shared created awesome dialogue in the family of things we were grateful for, and our chain continued to grow. What I had felt the Lord saying to me is that this was a reminder that every time we are thankful about something it extends our reach out from just ourselves and into the world. When we start listing the things we are thankful for we stop focusing on the things that are frustrating us, and we can begin to focus outside of our own little bubbles.

Jeremiah 30:19 (NIV)
From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing. I will add to their numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor, and they will not be disdained.

Wherever you are celebrating Thanksgiving this week: if you are one of my American readers, or for Canada your Thanksgiving was last month, or if you are living around the world and don’t have a Thanksgiving, spend some time today counting the blessings God has truly given you. Life is too short to live it selfish and downtrodden. Put your eyes on Jesus and begin to see all the good things He has done in your life. I’m sure that as you do that, you’ll realized how blessed you really are. Remember He does have awesome plans for your life. Get Excited!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!