PRAY, VOTE, PRAY



The American elections are tomorrow and I am going to address my fellow American’s today for the blog. If you are one of the many blog readers of mine that are outside of the US, I love you all and I want to encourage you all to be praying for our elections tomorrow. Our nation needs it.

To those of you who may read this blog and not agree with me, realize I still love you and we can still be friends. :-) This is my opinion. However God has given me a platform, and I need to use it the way God wants me to or I will be accountable one day before Him. While so many don’t speak out due to fear of losing one’s non-profit status, the Constitution already put in motion that churches and ministries would be tax exempt regardless.

To my fellow Americans,

For far too long we have held on to some misguided notion that believers didn’t need to be involved in our political process. We like to cling tightly to the notion of separation of church in state when really that was a phrase coined to not force people to go to church. It wasn’t meant to force the churches out of the government, but was meant to stop the government from forcing the church. I can give you specifics as to how our founding fathers were men of God, and quoted the Bible in the Declaration of Independence and in the Mayflower Compact. I could also give you a historical account of how a Bible was once published by congress. However you don’t read my blogs for a history paper so if you want the specifics let me know and I’ll find them for you. I recommend you watch the film Monumental with Kirk Cameron.

I realize that our founding fathers weren’t perfect individuals. There have been atrocities done in this nation, and sadly much of it’s been done in the name of the idea of supremacy. But just because there were a few bad apples doesn’t mean we can throw out the whole bunch.

As the child of a Vietnam Vet I was raised to be passionate about my country. I was raised to not take for granted the beauty and the fragility of freedom. Early on I was encouraged to form my own political views. It wasn’t an uncommon fight around the extended dinner table for my family to end up in a political debate about Nixon.

I do not vote based on a party. But I do believe that it is my God given right to vote based on the Bible and what the Bible has to say about certain issues. God has blessed America for so many years because of its foundation and I believe we are to steward what God has given to us.

I have never been silent of my dislike of the current administration. I felt cheated in the 2008 election. For years I thought it was past time for America to vote for a non-white old guy, and when that happened I was so grieved that O was our choice. Voting for someone based on their race is just as racist as not voting for someone based on their race. But having sit for the last four years I can overwhelmingly begin to list many reasons why the current administration isn’t good for our country.

1. Their support of abortion. I am tired of this being thrown out as solely a woman’s issue. The Bible has a lot to say about it too. (Genesis 4:10, Jer 1:5)

2. The definition of Marriage (Genesis 1)

3. The redistribution of taxes and wealth (Matt 25)

4. Debt (Proverbs 22:7)

5. Relations with Israel (Gen 12:3)

My list can go on. I’m disgusted about comments I have heard out of the mouth of this administration around the globe talking against America. I am shocked at some of the things I’ve heard and I can’t believe that people are actually fighting to put this administration back in the office. He didn’t have enough experience the first time he was elected and even in the private sector as a CEO he would have been fired by now. He stubbornly dug his heels in the ground and is leaving this nation in a very vulnerable spiritual place right now. Yet this person wants to weaken our military. It’s as if he’s purposely tried to weaken everything about us and what this nation stands for on the earth. The Bible says to pray for our leaders. I do pray for him. I don’t think he’s solely responsible for every wrong in the nation. That would be idiotic, but if we see what he’s done, it would be just as idiotic to let him continue to do it!

Now, I have heard many in certain Christian circles say they can’t vote for the Republican ticket due to the fact he’s a Mormon. Well I hear their point. He wasn’t my first choice either. However, He goes to the debates and quotes scripture. His views are for the most part lining up with the Bible, and while he is still a politician and isn’t perfect, I do think he’s better than the current administration. He is a business man and at this point I don’t understand why cutting ‘Big Bird’ or not should really be a debate. Is ‘Big Bird’ so sacred that we’ll live off unemployment and food stamps but as long as we have Sesame Street it’s okay? Something has to give people! We can’t continue on the course that we are on as a nation. Many have said they would vote for a write in. But I can’t swallow that. That to me is a vote for the current administration and in my mind it’s got to go.

However you choose to vote it’ll be between you and God. You need to be able to look in the eyes of your children and know you did what is best for their legacy. “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” ~Ronald Reagan

Vote people, if you haven’t already voted! Pray people! There have been rumors of false voting all over. Pray God’s will, not your own. Pray that this nation would be healed and return to the foundation our forefathers began.



2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

Remember he has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!

Check out this video that was sent to me by one of my Pastor’s this morning. It’s so worth checking out!

http://youtu.be/jHsb17MRAj8





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!