The Twelfth Year...



Every year I look forward to giving the testimony of how Dan and I moved to Florida. It seems like such a long time ago yet I can’t believe it’s already been 12 years. Twelve years ago on Monday (Veteran’s Day, God so has a sense of humor) Dan and I piled into the car from my parents’ house in Ohio. I puked all the way here because I was pregnant for our oldest daughter and I hear stress makes morning sickness worse. We had our futon mattress rolled up in the back seat. All we knew is that Central Florida is where we felt God was leading us, so we left. We got to Florida on that Tuesday and on that Wednesday 12 years ago today, God lead us to our church Freedom Life (then Tabernacle) Church and our dear late spiritual mentor and friend got up on the platform and begin to prophesy to us that we were right on time. Through all the craziness we were right where God had called us to be at that season of our lives. It’s funny, when we moved here I expected to only be here for five years, and yet here we are on year 12.

This year though the number twelve began to take on new meaning for me, as I’ve found myself in the midst of the God Day Movement. God Day was a mandate that was placed on Dr. Joshua Fowler back in ‘99, that there would be a day that we would: Restore Honor to God, and Father the Fatherless. So on December 12, only a few weeks away (12/12/12) there is a mass meeting in Downtown Orlando at Lake Eola. As this mass meeting approaches over 100 churches have already partnered with the movement. It’s like witnessing history in the making. We are all coming together for 12 hours of praise and worship out in the open. There are 12,000 pairs of shoes being given away for the fatherless children of Central Florida. There will be praise and worship as a corporate body of Christ meets out to publically declare an awakening. Being part of this movement is beyond exciting. I’ve personally got to witness church leaders coming together from many different denominations and ministries. Its church unity unlike I have ever seen before. The picture above is of some of the shoes that have been brought in. (www.GodDay.com http://shoes4kidscfl.com/ ) *Please visit the websites or email me to see how you and your church can get involved. There is still a lot that needs to happen, both in a financial aspect and in volunteers. God Day is a movement that will not just end at 12/12/12 but this is a launching pad for other city God Day events. It’s already got momentum to go to many other cities around the globe.*

The number 12 in Bible terms is typically the number of perfected governmental things. There were 12 tribes of Israel. There were 12 apostles that Jesus appointed. There are 12 stones on the breastplate of the priests. Jesus was 12 when he visited the temple and he got separated from his parents. According to http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/12.html The list of the significance of 12 could go on and on.

I’m excited about all these 12’s in my life right now. I have a lot of thoughts as to what God could possibly be up too, but I also know from serving him all these years that He has the ability to surprise me. Whatever happens in this year, I know that God is doing something. These 12 years have taught me so much. They’ve taught me that God is faithful even in the midst of circumstance. They’ve taught me He has good plans, and that His ways are much higher than my ways. These last twelve years for me has been like spiritual boot camp and special forces training. While I don’t feel perfected in any means, I do feel I have been prepared for such a time as this.

Whatever He is doing in your life today, remember that He is faithful to you. These are awesome days that we live in. Remember He DOES have awesome plans for your life. Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!