Keeping Your Eyes on the Goal!



Dan has been reading a book on entrepreneurship and business and in that book the author was talking about making a vision board. He was encouraging people to put on it all those things you are striving towards and believe are your destiny. He encourages people to get specific with ideal salaries, businesses, cars, houses etc. He encourages people to get the board out and study it. To keep it up somewhere where you can see it and be reminded of it. While we know we’re going after a God first, then a God given destiny and not just stuff. What the guy is saying is very Biblical. You need to keep the vision before you, and keep it fresh in your mind. Studies have proven time and time again that the word of God works.

Habakkuk 2:2-3 “2 And the LORD answered me:
“Write the vision;
make it plain on tablets,
so he may run who reads it.
3 For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay.”

So I did. I googled images and made myself a board. It was amazing as I worked on a collection of dreams and pictures how much I could feel God directing me. It was amazing that once I saw that before me things in my life felt as if they were beginning to click better than I’d seen for a long time.

On Saturday the girls, Dan and myself went miniature golfing. I enjoying going put putting but it’s something I’ve learned to laugh at myself about. I’m not good at golf. I kept hearing Dan tell the girls to keep their eyes on the hole. You know it’s funny but when I started doing this, my game got a little better. It still wasn’t great, but when you keep your eyes on the goal the rest of the stuff just seem to fade in the background.

I want to encourage you all to make your own vision boards. I want to encourage you to get with God and find out His will for your life. I want to encourage you to keep your eyes on Him first and then the goal. You have to know where you’re going. If you see it in front of you, then I promise you things will begin to click.

I was tagged in this video on facebook. When I saw it I cried. I think many of you are in similar places now so watch it and be ministered to like only the Holy Spirit can minister http://youtu.be/B-OebFwelVI

Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!