Paid In Full




I am very excited to get to finally write this blog. When Dan and I felt led to begin the ministry there was an expense that we knew we had to do. I don’t need to get into specifics, though some of you know, but it was a large amount for us. It was such the large amount we wouldn’t even have the payments on it if we’d financed it. Not that I’m suggesting that, Dan and I are firm believers in living Debt free as much as possible. (Romans 3:8) I could teach on all of this but go read a Dave Ramsey book, and grab ahold of it! The decision to do this or not to do this thing was one we talked about, prayed about, and sought wise council on. I’d be lying to you if I told you the choice was easy. It would have been so easy to run the other direction.

I remember one day jogging and hearing the Lord ask me, “Why are you looking at the giants in the land?” I knew that taking on this faith step was such a big deal to me that like the Israelites I was seriously seeing the money as a giant and contemplating not stepping in places where God wanted me to step.

We did finally take the leap of faith, and I am very excited to say that within the next few days due to several small miracles and some wisdom that debt will be paid in full. Looking back I can see that this act of obedience though was so stretching to me was in fact something God led us to do.

I wanted to give this testimony. I know many of you are thinking why I am being so vague about it. I’m not trying to be vague, but just trying to say that when God leads you to go down paths that may stretch you, make you cry, and are extremely uncomfortable. . . just know He will make a way. He makes a way in the wilderness even when you don’t see it in the natural. We had to step out of the boat, and yes when the waves hit me I had moments of fear, but faith grabbed ahold of me, and picked me up!

Remember He has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!