$25 Craigslist Washer




I have become a believer in the Dugger family motto of “Buy Used and Save the Difference.”  I’m a fan of Dave Ramsey and living within you can and using credit as the last possible option.  It doesn’t mean we never use it, it just means you have to be wise.  Honestly even if I had a million dollars tomorrow I probably would still adhere to this idea.  Don’t get me wrong it’s okay to splurge every now and again if you have it, it’s just I believe in being wise with what you have financially.  Of course that wisdom is at all levels of funds, and it’s relative of what you have. . .   God talks a lot about this in the Bible. 

Proverbs 22:7 The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.
             
I could preach on all of that, but I’m not going to for the sake of this blog…It just explains where I’m coming from when on Tuesdays my washer spun it’s last spun and washed it’s last load.  It was kaput.  I confess I started to panic a tad.  I knew Dan would.  Sometimes appliances have the ability to break at the worst possible moment.  I kept saying, “I refuse to freak out.  Someway God is going to do something.”  I’d lie to you if I told you the temptation wasn’t there to just rush out and buy one new on a credit card, but we weren’t going to do that.  So we went to one of my favorite online places on the planet, Craigslist.  (Disclaimer:  As much as I love Craigslist use it wisely…there are a shlew of weirdo’s out there.)
           
 At first we found one, it was a good price (about $75 I think), it was around the block, and we went to the bank to get the money to go pick it up.  But the lady called us on the way to pick it up to tell us that she was selling it to someone else.  Sigh.  Fine.  That’s when I think more frustration started to set in.  I went back to Craigslist saying, “God I know you’ll supply our need.”  I was resolved to be in faith over the matter, but I the temptation to get annoyed was very real.
             
When I first saw the Kenmore Front Loader High Efficiency Washer posted on Craigslist for $25 I didn’t respond.  Honestly I’m not too picky with what I wanted; I just wanted it to work. I thought, that is too good to be true, and something isn’t right.  But it started to nag me, and pretty soon I had emailed, texted and called.  Yes, the price and machine were legit, and yes it worked.  Though the woman had people already calling her and beating down her door, she agreed to sell it to me.  I’ll admit I had my doubts.  But the machine works great.  It does shake a tad, but you can’t beat that for $25.
             
However, the story gets better.  2nd hand appliance dealers are always looking for used appliances on Craigslist that they can fix and resell.  I sold the old one for $25 to a dealer that came and picked it up the next day.  In essence I got a FREE washer upgrade making this one of the best Craigslist deals I have had in all of my deals. 
             
My point to all of this?  While Dan and I started to have some freak-out moments, we choose to stay in faith.  It worked out better than I could have planned it.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
           
 God loves to give favor and uncommon blessing to His children.  You have to believe He will meet your need.  You have to trust Him. 
             
Remember, God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!