Boa? What Boa, I Didn't Do Anything...




           
 Sunday we got home from church to find our darling-loves-to-chew-puppy-Mojo had gotten into my youngest room and attacked a hot pink play feather boa.  Granted it could have been a lot worse; I only found a handful of loose hot pink feathers scattered on the floor.  However he knew he was busted.  Instead he saw us wagged his tail and was like, “Boa, What Boa, I didn’t do anything.  I am cute do not look at the feathers look at me.  Rub my belly.  I am cute!” 
             
We’ve all done the same thing in a sense.  While the reaction may be a tad different we all know when we’re in trouble.  When Adam and Eve sinned in the garden they hid (Genesis 3:8).  It’s not uncommon to want to hide our sin and pretend it didn’t happen, but the Bible offers up another suggestion. 
             
As a little Lutheran girl we repeated this scripture as part of our worship weekly, “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” 1 John 8-10
             
God doesn’t expect us to be perfect.  He knows we’ll mess up.  Instead of avoiding repentance embrace it.  Be humble enough to go to God and say, “Yes I confess.”   I think the longer you wait the harder it gets.  Don’t avoid truth.  Wisdom recognizes when it was wrong, repents and moves forward.  The longer you wait the more you open a door for pride and deception.  Don’t waste the time lying to yourself.  Face it, and move on!
           
 Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!