Because You Are The Human!




My youngest daughter and the dog have developed quite the “sibling” relationship.  I say sibling because I don’t know what else to call it.  The dog picks on her, and runs all over her, she just screams.  I’ve heard her tell him “No” but he doesn’t listen to her.  It usually turns into her crying, me stepping in giving Mojo one hard look and he’ll leave her alone. I’ve tried to explain to her that the dog doesn’t listen to her because he knows he can bully her. It’s not that he’s hurting her, he just pesters her. 
A few days ago I was getting annoyed at this; I was tired of the whining.  I yelled through the living room at my youngest, “Would you please take your authority?”
To which I heard her ask, “Why?”  I wanted to hit my head against the wall.  What do you mean why?
“Because you’re the human that’s why!”  Suddenly as the words fell out of my mouth I realized a powerful truth about spiritual warfare.  It was if a bolt of lightning hit me and I could see God trying to tell me the exact same thing. 
The devil is annoying.  He’s always trying to pester us, and how many times have we done the exact same thing to God, “GOD!  He’s picking on me!  Make him stop!”  But God already made him to stop.  He defeated him at the cross.
The thing here is God already gave us authority over him.  We just need to use it.  All too often we scream and cry at the devil picking on us instead of raising up as the child of God that we’re called to be and taking our authority and demand he back off.

Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

            I confess that I have been just as guilty here.  I’ve done this, but as I told my daughter to take her authority over the dog I believe a light bulb of remembrance went off in my mind.  May it be a reminder to you today.  Speak to the mountains, speak to the things that have been pestering, and know your authority….because in faith those things have to move!  Know you have the authority.  Don’t let yourself be bullied!  Watch your situation turn around!
            Remember He has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Spiritual Motion Sickness?

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!