Sitting In A Garage Won't Make You A Car! Evolution Debate Part 4


 

            I want to thank all of you who have prayed or emailed me with some great evolution/creation information over the last few days. 

            We did go yesterday to have the 2nd meeting at my daughters’ school regarding how evolution has been taught.  While I hear their point that my big aggravation is with the State of Florida who approved teaching the ‘Theory of Evolution’ in 2008 and they are who my issue is with, the meeting did not go well at all.  (I want to state again: my children learning about the THEORY of Evolution is not what makes me mad.  It’s them and classes of children being taught it as fact that does, and my daughter has felt bullied by this teacher)  While the school has conducted its own private investigation, this teacher took it upon himself to call me a ‘bullying bad parent’ in front of my children and the principal, because I support and defending my child.  I have taken this to the next level by contacting the Superintendent and the School Board.

            In all of my years with my children in public school, I’ve only had a total of two times where things have spilled over into bringing in the higher ups. That is two times in 8 years.  The first time was due to the fact a ‘Counselor’ felt it was okay to ‘palm read’ at events and was furious that I would suggest that was a religious act. I told her if she wanted to keep doing it, that was fine, and then I would gladly prophesy over all the kids too…grin… In that case the ‘Counselor’ kept telling me that it was okay because she went to church all the time.  In that case, the Counselor was eventually banned from palm reading on school grounds.  In this case after several back and forths with this teacher (Who really needs Jesus, please pray for him), He responded to me that he went to church for 2 years so therefore he knows my point. 

Why do people do that?  They assume that just because they’ve opened a Bible once or went to a church a few times that automatically makes them an okay person.  People in the world still believe that Christianity is a bunch of rules and regulations, it’s sad that they don’t understand it’s not a religion.  It’s a relationship!

In the Evolution vs God video (http://www.evolutionvsgod.com/), I love a response Ray Comfort gives to a very outspoken atheist. 

He asks the atheist, “What if you’re wrong?” 

“It’s possible,” The atheist responds, “But could you be wrong.”

“No” Ray Comfort answers boldly.  The atheist looks at him puzzled. Ray continues, “What if I told you your wife doesn’t exist.”  The atheist is still puzzled.  “You have a relationship with her.  You know she is real.  So if someone told you that your wife didn’t exist you wouldn’t believe them.  I feel the same way about God.  I have a relationship with Him.  I talk to Him all the time.  I know what life was like before I did and after.  I’m not wrong.”

I thought this exchange was so beautiful, and so true.  It’s never about just going to church.  Just like the old saying goes, “Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian, just like sitting in a garage will make you a car.”  Sure I believe in church.  I believe that we are better together; iron sharpens iron, etc. etc. But going doesn’t make you a Christian.  Having a relationship with Jesus Christ and living that does. 

We read John 3:16 and quote it all the time.  But do we really read it?  What about verse 17.  God didn’t give Jesus to condemn the world.  He did it to save it.
John 3:16-17 (NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

            As mad and upset as I am about all of this, when we left that meeting my husband had such wisdom.  He just kept saying, “Anna, they are unbelievers.  So why are you expecting them to act like believers?”  He’s right.  As angry as I have been, these people are acting this way because they don’t know Jesus.  Bottom line is they need Him.

            There are many around you, and maybe even you would answer this same statement if asked a statement of your faith.  “Well I’m okay, I go to church.”  That may be all well and good, but God discerns your heart.  He sees past all the masks and veneer.  Perhaps it’s time to get real with you and real with God.  Perhaps when people give us that excuse, “Oh I go to church,” we should tell them we’re going to go sit in our garage expecting to turn into a car.

            Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!