Waiting For The Announcement!


 

Last week my youngest daughter had her artwork chosen to represent her school at our local library.  We were all excited and went to the opening of the art exhibit.  We happily took a couple of pictures, saw her work, said a round of “hello’s” and came home.  The next morning when I dropped the kids off at school, the art teacher practically ran me down.  Given the problems we’ve had recently at my children’s school, I thought Really?  What now?  Evidently the art show had been independently juried, and my daughter won 1st place in her division.  Evidently they’d had an awards ceremony that we hadn’t known about and unfortunately missed.  Had we have known all of this we’d have happily stayed for the awards, but we hadn’t known.  My daughter was so excited to have won, but we all felt bad we missed the ceremony. 

Though there were several things roaming in my mind, when the art teacher chased me down, I automatically assumed it wouldn’t be good.  Given the school and I have had our evolution battles and the City of Kissimmee officially apologized to me regarding their behavior, I assumed when the art teacher wanted to talk to me, it would just be more drama.  She had news of a blessing; It was not news of more chaos. 

Philippians 4:8 (ESV)


Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things

How often do we all do this?  We jump to worse case scenario’s in people and situations. 

Also in this case had we have stayed at the art show a little while longer my daughter would have been so blessed to be called on stage to receive her reward.  Yes, she still got her reward, yes she still won, but she would have been so blessed to have been there.  It is true we didn’t know that this was going to happen, but sometimes when we are so impatient in life we miss the things that would really bless us. 

Galatians 6:9 (ESV)


And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

            It’s easy to get frustrated, impatient, and leave before seeing what God wanted you to see.  I realize we didn’t know in this case what was waiting for my daughter if we had stayed just a few more minutes.  How important it is that we not grow impatient in the midst of seasons of transition, and perhaps sticking around just a little while longer will make sense later.  I guess we all can learn from this.  Think the best in people whether you think the situation deserves it or not, and don’t let your impatience dictate to you when you should leave a situation.

            God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!