The Building Blocks of Destiny


 

            Many of you have heard me tell the story that I was NOT a writer growing up.  People who were writers were people I admired, but I can remember thinking to myself that was not me.  In fact the gifting never really appeared to my knowledge until after I was baptized in the Holy Spirit.  Which has just always been proof to me that I can’t take credit for this ability?  It’s a gift from the Lord plain and simple.

            However, my oldest daughter and I were watching YouTube videos a few days ago.  I was subjecting her to some of my favorite songs as a kid, and she was laughing at the clothing and music styles.  Some of the music that I remember ringing such a cord with me as a kid were these songs that were statement pieces about injustices in the world, or historic pieces that were exposing the darkness in humanity like Winds of Change by the Scorpions, or Abraham, Martin, and John by Dion.  My mother always says that one thing I always had as a kid was a very active imagination.  I used to sit at my father’s side while he told Vietnam stories, and they were a typical evening ritual.  Movies like Delta Force, The 10 Commandments, and Rambo were movies I watched over and over again.  I can remember getting mad in a high school history class because I didn’t like the way the teacher was teaching on Vietnam and I wanted to teach the class.  I remember sitting behind a piece of the Berlin Wall at a traveling museum and weeping for the people would lost their life to bring it down.  I remember going to the adult Sunday School Class at the little Lutheran Church when only a preteen because the kids class bored me.  I joke that I was an odd kid, but in truth I was just being the person God created.  While I still maintain that God gave me a writing gift I can see that the building blocks were there from a very early age.

            While all these things didn’t click to me as a child, I see it now very clearly.  All these things were clues and building blocks to the person He had created me to be on the earth.  God is no respecter of persons (James 2:1-13) The Bible is very clear that He puts us together and fashions us in our mother’s womb.

      Jeremiah 1:5

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

God uniquely fashions each of us in the womb.  He puts us together and molds us.  He gives us gifts and abilities.  You will do things on this earth if you will yield over to God’s plan that I will never be able to do.  You will accomplish things that your neighbor never can, because God has fashioned you for a specific plan and purpose.  His plan is always bigger than your mind can fathom, and that’s a good thing.  That’s when you know only God can do it.  You were born for such a time as this.  This song is a new mantra that’s been playing a lot at my house recently.  We just bought it off iTunes.  It’s the Anthem by Jesus Culture.


“Wake up child; it’s your time to shine! You were born for such a time as this! You have destiny.  You are royalty.  Shake the nations!”

Just as I can look over the early years of my life and see building blocks for my future, think about your own.  I’m sure those moments exist in your life.  Think about them today.  What are they?  What can you do to step into those moments of destiny?  Life is just too short to go through it not fulfilling purpose.   God has a purpose for your life! Spend some time with Him, find out what it is, and blaze a trail!

God has awesome plans for YOUR life.  Get excited!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!