Being a Bulldozer vs Believing in Faith


            Recently one of my literary hero’s began to follow me on social media.  I don’t need to tell you who it is.  I want him to eventually work with me on my fiction books.  He knows it.  We’ve exchanged emails in years past. I think he’s the “bomb” in the land of Christian fiction.
            There is a fine line while people believe in faith for the manifestation of the things of God.  In the Bible story about the woman and the unjust judge (Luke 18:1-8), Jesus is using this to talk about being persistent. One has to learn to stay persistent in these situations; however one doesn’t need the person to want to put a restraining order against them for their thoughts of what appears to be crazy.  I once read one literary agent say that she had a ‘potential client’ once track her down at her personal home address and call her during a family barbeque.  She was so freaked out by this person’s off-balance behavior that she was not impressed.  She was ticked off and had every right to be annoyed. 
You have to realize that yes, you need to stay persistent but God is the one that opens the doors.  It can be tiring to try to prove the call of God on your life to everyone around you. You do not need to be a bulldozer. It’s not your job to prove anything to anybody.  It’s your job to be all that God called you to be on this earth.  Yes, you still need to knock on doors…but as hard as you try you can’t kick them down.  God will open them when it’s time.
Sometimes things aren’t happening when we want them to, because we’re trying so hard to make them happen in our own ability.  I don’t know about you, but I need God to work the miracles….not me.  He always does it so much better. 
So I wanted to remind us all today to take a deep breath and trust God.  He doesn’t need you to do His job for Him.  He needs you to be at peace, continue to run your race, stay persistent and not appear to be crazy.  Relax in the fact that God IS IN control of your life.  Let Him be in Control!  Rest in the fact that He is a rock in whatever storm you can be facing.  Be at peace in His perfect will.  Listen for His voice. He will guide you!  He will open the doors.  Rest in the fact you can trust Him.
God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!