Fly Me To The Moon


        When I was in college a friend of mine had this artistic thing with the song “Fly Me To 
The Moon” sung by Julie London.  He had purchased the CD and he felt it boosted his creativity to play it over and over again.  I don’t mean like a few times.  I mean like for hours.  I mean to the point where he’d have it on repeat for entire afternoons and evenings.  He never wavered about the complaints.  Honestly the first hour or so, I agreed with the banter that it was annoying.  However at some point I started to agree with him.  I became a common joke.  I can still sing from memory the entire song, and have been known to at random.  It’s been  over 15 years now since that happened and no matter where I am in life if I hear that song, it automatically takes me back to that dorm room at OSU,  and makes me think on and pray for my dear friend.  The version can be found here on YouTube https://youtu.be/eQPiV_cauyI
                    For some reason the above store popped into my mind today.  I was reflecting on how important it is for us all to read the Bible over and over again and memorize scripture.  It’s so important that we renew our minds to what the Bible says!
Romans 12:2 (ESV)Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.                     

          If we are not to be conformed, and we are to renew our mind, then we should have scripture just as tattooed, if you will, in your thoughts like I did that song.  If someone says something, or the enemy is trying to get you off course, then without thought (it needs to be automatic) that you begin to go through the Rolodex of scriptures in your mind and you can remind yourself what God says about your situation.
            My pastor in Florida, Pastor Greg Squires, was known to ask people what scriptures they were standing on in the Word before praying for them regarding a matter.  This is a good thing.  Too often people want quick ‘Have it their own way’ answers.  Renewing your mind takes work.            

            I want to encourage you today to get some scriptures about your circumstances before you.  Write them out on cards and say them out loud.  Sure it may seem repetitious, but train your brain to automatically focus on the Word of God.  Let it be second nature to you.  You ARE what God says about you.  You CAN run the race He has set before you.  You WILL live and not die in your circumstance.  You WILL see the breakthrough.            
          God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!