I am Coming out of the Closet; I support Biblical Marriage!


As I write this I am debating on posting it because I honestly do not want to deal with the negative feedback that it will stir.  I do not want to have some drawn out argument about this either publically or privately.  As a writer and guest minister I am a public figure.  As a public figure I feel that by stating my opinion and what the Bible really says I am drawing my own line in the sand.  There are many people who do not know what the Bible really says and there are a lot of misquotations going on out there in cyber land.  With respect may this be my away to voice my feelings realizing there are many who are not voicing their feelings that also stand for Biblical Marriage for the shear drama that the LGBT firestorm tends to start.  Also maybe just maybe that someone from the LGBT movement may read this and finally hear the other side of this debate.  I realize that we won’t agree with each other but perhaps the hostility on both sides can cease.
Homosexuality is not new.  It’s in the Bible. Let’s start with a clear and quick discussion on what the Bible says about homosexuality and the “gay” life style.  There are more scriptures but this is just a few.
·         Lev 18:22 ESV "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." 
·         Lev 20:13 NASB “"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them." (NASB)
·         1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV “9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God..”
            To be clear God created Adam and Eve this is the Biblical definition of marriage.  Homosexuality in the eyes of God and the Bible is a sin.  So let me be very clear here as I say this: I don’t see homosexuality as any worse of a sin as any of the others listed in the Bible.  I am not perfect and God knows we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory.  This is why Jesus came upon the earth, so that through Jesus we might have a way to get to heaven.
            However here is the slippery slope when one starts to preach the sloppy grace message of “You can do whatever you want and still get to heaven.”  Does Jesus forgive?  Absolutely!  But Jesus doesn’t tell people to keep sinning. He stopped people from stoning the woman caught in adultery and told her to “go and sin no more!” (John 8:11)  In fact the Bible also says that if “you truly love God, you will keep his commandments.” (John 14:15)  Where is that line?  That is between the person and God, but I for one would like to be as furthest I can from the cliff because eternity is really eternal.
            It is absolutely true that one cannot force one to believe the same way that they do.  So many LGBT will say of me, but I can say the same for the LGBT movement as well.  We will not see eye to eye on this.  What really irritates me is when trying to have an intelligent conversation about it often many want to say that me telling what the gospel says is making me judgement and unloving to homosexuals.  This couldn’t be further from the truth.  I love all people.  It is not out of hate that I tell people what the Bible says.  
            I love what Phil Robertson says “Our culture has accepted two huge lies; the first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle you must fear or hate them.  The second is to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do.   Both are nonsense.  You do not compromise convictions to be compassionate.”
            Today I was told to “let go of my fear and live in the moment.”  This kind of nonsense is the part of the problem with the morality of this generation.  I will not let go of Biblical truths because my views are not popular.  This “just because it feels good then we should do it” is why America and morality is at an all-time low.  This is simply the lust of the flesh which is talked about quite boldly in the Bible.  “For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.” (1John 2:16)  Many people will argue that homosexuality is not a choice that people are “born that way.”  I totally disagree with that.  Sin is always a choice.  I know people that have been tempted into the lifestyle and made decisions who are now happily in heterosexual relationships.  It is a choice to be given into sin. Once one makes little concessions they get sucked into sin.  I’m sure many may “feel” they’ve been born that way, but God did not make anyone gay.  God did not create anyone to be gay.  He loves people who are gay.
~~~~~Putting all of that aside~~~~
            The courts of America made some choices that I whole heartedly disagree with.  Honestly the ruling doesn’t surprise me. I understand that though I disagree with the homosexual lifestyle that we aren’t going to see eye to eye, but I believe that the redefinition of marriage is a slippery slope.  If people want to go do that then that is between them and God.  However, already I’ve heard people trying to justify pedophilia, and bestiality. What infuriates me about this ruling is that 30 American states have said they don’t support Same-Sex marriage.  But yet the Judicial system has overruled that.  I hate to no end that the Federal Government has stopped listening to the people of America.  It is no longer a nation for the people and by the people.  They seem to have their own agenda and they only seem to care about what the people say when it’s voting time.  I’m tired of America thinking that it’s okay to make such absolutes.  The sound of our forefathers crying and weeping can almost be heard from their graves.  This nation is serving its own agenda and not the people.
            I realize that the LGBT community sees this as a huge victory for them.  But I’m more concerned about the degradation of the fabric of the 1st Amendment.  What this opens the door for people being “forced” to perform marriages that they don’t agree with.  It’s the forcing of people to go against their own beliefs in all areas of commerce. As much as a homosexual individual has the right to their opinions I have a right to mine.  As an ordained minister I cannot be forced to perform a wedding I do not agree with.  I would not go into a Muslim deli and demand a ham sandwich, and when they don’t have it sue the deli for being so inconsiderate.  It has become evident that the 1st Amendment is only ok if your views are popular.  Christians are at a crossroads; will they just stay quiet keeping their heads conveniently in the sand, or will they stand up for righteousness.  Jesus was never the popular choice.
            I for one am standing.  I refuse to be manipulated by a LGBT agenda that would seek to bully me to be silent.
            I love love love my pastor’s response. They said that quite simply it looks like that all the more so people need to be shown the love of Jesus.  There is a world out there that needs to hear the gospel.

             The Bible warned us of this.  It says that in the last days what was considered evil would be considered good.  (2 Timothy 3).  At the end of the days I will be standing on the side of God, His word, and righteousness.  Christians we need to use wisdom like never before, show love, but refuse to stay silent.  We have stayed silent for too long.  We have been bullied into a corner about our faith.  We must be wise as serpents but gentle as doves.  We must love the Hell out of people, but refuse to compromise.  We must pray.  American Christians we must start voting for righteousness.  We must stop allowing our liberties in this country to be trampled upon.  I still believe in the foundation of America, my hope is that it will return to its first love….”if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!