It's America! It's Politics!


 

            I’ve had a bit of a rant brewing regarding America and politics for the last few months so instead of continuing to ignore I thought I’d share.  Excuse me while I stand up on my soapbox. 

            *AHEM* Taking the Microphone and clearing my throat.... (Grin.)

            I love this country.  If you know me personally, you’ll know I’m pretty opinionated over politics and where this country is.  I have often said that for many years my identity in Christ and my identity as an American were seemingly tightly woven together though it was hard to see one without the other.  It’s only been within the last few years that I’ve had to learn to identify them separately. I was raised to love God, and love my country.  As the Daughter of a Vietnam Veteran, who within the last year learned I could also acquire a Daughters of the American Revolution status several times over; I admit I often cry when I sing the Star Spangled Banner.  It’s true that at one point I wanted to be a missionary overseas.  I wanted to go where people were more open to the gospel, and God spoke to me and told me this was my country and while I would travel temporarily overseas for ministry, He’d called me to this land.  It’s true that while America hasn’t always been perfect, I firmly believe that it was founded on Godly principles and the Freedom of Religion. 

            If you’ve read my blogs for any amount of time you’ll know that I’m not a fan of the current administration.  I didn’t vote for it, and try to bite my tongue about it (but will admit I’m not perfect about it).  I do respect the country for what it has been in the past, but I don’t love what seems to be this cultural shift away from God and Godly principles.  It’s my prayer that America will wake up.  It’s my prayer that God will heal this land.

            I’m a bit aghast at the move of people in the media who has begun a wave of ‘if so and so becomes president then they will leave the country’.  Really?  I have found the current administration offensive and I haven’t left the country.  Why? (Seriously I could if I wanted my husband was born and raised in Canada) Because I believe that despite what it looks like now America can be great again.  While the certain individual are saying this about may not be my top choice either, I am not going to give up on my country if he gets elected.  If a person really feels that way, then respectfully let them go join another nation.  I am tired of people being so entitled that they forget what commitment to something greater than themselves.  We have become so offended at everyone and wishy washy about everything it’s no wonder our society is slumping into a moral and ethical decay. 

            We can’t believe everything the liberal bias media is trying to force down our throats either.  In case you haven’t noticed the majority of our media has an agenda.  If you don’t want to take my word for it then fine.  However, last semester my oldest daughter had an assignment for her college class to find a topic and investigate what the media had reported versus what actually happened and her results were startling.  She found skewed results and fabricated headlines to make people who wouldn’t read the articles think one thing happened when really it was the opposite.   God gave you a brain, so use it!

            I also want to take a moment and address all the prophetic words about ‘so and so’ becoming president.  If God told you that you need to prophetically and publicly share something then do it, but unless you really heard from God don’t jump on the bandwagons.  I have my favorite candidate for president.  I will be voting for him in Ohio’s primary election on March 15th.  However, I’m not about to start prophesying about it. But  I will happily tell you my resonings behind this if you want to email me.  I believe God has a perfect will regarding it, however in the story of Saul God didn’t want Israel to have a king.  The people chose something that wasn’t God’s choice.  I don’t feel like I can prophesy about a presidential candidate anymore.  The people are choosing what they want.

            I guess this isn’t a very uplifting rant, but here is what we can do.  We can pray that no matter what people think, God would speak to them, and that the hearts of the masses would be moved to fulfill the plan of God.  We can VOTE!  I know it’s a crazy novel concept to some (insert sarcasm here), but my relatives fought on the battlefield so that we would have freedom in this country, and it annoys me that so many don’t vote.  How can you complain when the country seems to have thrown the Constitution in the wood chipper yet you have sat on your backsides making cheesy Facebook posts about the candidates, but you have not voted!  I love what Pastors Hank and Brenda Kunneman are declaring with their #PromoteTheGood campaign.  There are a whole lot of rants we all can go on, but we can choose to promote the good and promote what God is doing.  Our country NEEDS prayer!  We need to humble ourselves, turn from our wicked ways, and let God heal our land.  We may only play a small role but perhaps if we did our part, we would see restoration coming to America.

            **Thank you** stepping off soapbox now.

            Remember God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!