It is well known in my family that I have a history of issues with motion sickness. I don’t remember when we officially discovered this: Maybe it was the time that I spent the day at the pool in the sun and then was put in the back seat of my grandparents fairly new car to travel through the hills of Southern Ohio and I puked everywhere that told us this, Or maybe it was the time my uncle decided to travel through the mountains of Gatlinburg with the side door open in the van. Perhaps it was the issues I had with vertigo as a child but whatever it was it was learned early on that I would be fine as long as I got to sit in the front seat. I am better as an adult however; I still cannot read in a long car journey. Many people suffer from spiritual motion sickness. They have become nauseous spiritually and they do not understand why. Just like how one gets motion sickness in the physical it applies spiritually. James 1:6-8 (NIV) 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, b...
People in the church often have a misguided notion that God always operates in the timing and the way that we think He should. His Word is quite clear that His ways aren’t our ways (Isaiah 55). The longer I’ve been pursuing a life in the Kingdom, I realize that God is really into times and seasons. Often one season may look totally different than another season. Nature reflects this so well. Winter and summer may look completely different, but they each serve a purpose. It’s important to discern those seasons. The sons of Issachar understood this too (1 Chronicles 12:32). It’s important to trust God in those seasons and be able to recognize that God is faithful no matter what a situation may look like. We often like to talk about the exciting season. We all want to hear words about harvest and the manifested promises. We all love to hear stories of the faithfulness of God. What about the season that ...
I hope all of you had an awesome Resurrection Weekend! He is Risen!! Several weeks ago I had someone claiming to be T.D. Jakes begin communication with me on twitter. At first I brushed him off thinking there was no way he was the real T.D. However this individual was persistent. We began exchanging a few direct messages back and forth. He then proceeded to invite me to go with himself and several other ministers over to Japan to preach over there. That was when I told him to email me at my website email. The conversation continued. At first I didn’t believe at all this was the real T.D. Jakes. However the more we exchanged emails the more I really thought it might. His phrasing on how he worded things sounded like the real T.D. The text emails were coming from Texas, and it was obvious this man spent a long time familiarizing himself with T.D. and his website because of the way he wove legitimate things about the real T. D. into the conversations. This went back a forth for several we...
Comments
Post a Comment