It is well known in my family that I have a history of issues with motion sickness. I don’t remember when we officially discovered this: Maybe it was the time that I spent the day at the pool in the sun and then was put in the back seat of my grandparents fairly new car to travel through the hills of Southern Ohio and I puked everywhere that told us this, Or maybe it was the time my uncle decided to travel through the mountains of Gatlinburg with the side door open in the van. Perhaps it was the issues I had with vertigo as a child but whatever it was it was learned early on that I would be fine as long as I got to sit in the front seat. I am better as an adult however; I still cannot read in a long car journey. Many people suffer from spiritual motion sickness. They have become nauseous spiritually and they do not understand why. Just like how one gets motion sickness in the physical it applies spiritually. James 1:6-8 (NIV) 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, b...
People in the church often have a misguided notion that God always operates in the timing and the way that we think He should. His Word is quite clear that His ways aren’t our ways (Isaiah 55). The longer I’ve been pursuing a life in the Kingdom, I realize that God is really into times and seasons. Often one season may look totally different than another season. Nature reflects this so well. Winter and summer may look completely different, but they each serve a purpose. It’s important to discern those seasons. The sons of Issachar understood this too (1 Chronicles 12:32). It’s important to trust God in those seasons and be able to recognize that God is faithful no matter what a situation may look like. We often like to talk about the exciting season. We all want to hear words about harvest and the manifested promises. We all love to hear stories of the faithfulness of God. What about the season that ...
Many of you who have read my blogs for a while now know that I often take funny stories and turn them into a Biblical life lesson. This one is no different. My first car was full of personality. It was a 1979 Cutlass Oldsmobile, the perfect tank for a first time driver. I think it may have doubled for a submarine had I ever tried to submerge it in water. Perhaps the periscope attachment came separately. It was silver on the outside, and was supposed to be red on the inside but had been sun faded to red and hot pink on the interior. The car’s name was Rocko. I once fit 9 people in it, but that’s another story. This is a picture that was taken of me in the car…I still love that banana clip LOL! ...
Comments
Post a Comment