2021 The year of a singular vision


 


2021 The year of a singular vision

        Every year I tell myself I am not going to write a yearly blog about what I feel God is giving me for the next year, but yet I do.  I try really hard not to attach ‘thus sayeth the Lord’ on anything unless I'm sure it’s God.  I never want to use those words as a slogan or a tag line.  Every year I can see what God gave me and how it really does play out over the course of the year.  Of course it never plays out the way I thought, but always makes sense throughout the year. 

            I felt like God gave me the word for 2020 that it was about “clarity of vision”. As crazy as 2020 has been, I can definitely see that it has come to pass.   Sadly so many things about my own personal life have been made clear.  This political climate has certainly been eye opening.

            Honestly this year I wasn’t getting much until a few weeks ago.  I really like the Word that Hank Kunneman has been declaring that 2021(won) is a declaration that we’d already won that battle.  I totally agree with that, and am excited to see that play out.

            However, as I was praying what I felt was God was giving me that it was year of a singular vision.  Here is the scripture God was giving me. James 1:6-8 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. I realize that the scripture is about a mind and the word I have is about vision.  But I personally am standing on the Word like never before.

James 4:8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

            Being double-minded or double visioned makes people unstable.  It’s kind of like being a flamingo standing on one foot.  If one would to come over and knock it over it would be easily fall over. If you ride the waves of emotions it will not help you be solid in this time.  If anything we can all agree that the signs of the times are upon us, and we must hold fast to the Word.  I don’t mean that to be a fearful thing, but one of steadfastness.  We must be singularly focused and not one foot in the church and one foot in the world.  That means shut off the news and look to what God is saying.  If anything this has been a year that made the foundation of people’s walk very clear.  I will confess that I’ve had my moments.  But in those moments, I have had to go back to the Word.  What does God say about it? 

            I personally have been taking 10 scriptures a week, ones that God has been putting on my heart and copying them on a legal pad every morning, and then changing them every week. This has been a great tool to stop any tossing and turning of waves. 

            We must hold fast in this time.  We must stay diligent.  Do I believe the second coming is tomorrow?  Maybe, but honestly I don’t think we’re quite there yet.  But whenever that happens we need to be ready.  We need to be singularly focused on what God has for us.  We need to stand because there is a very lost world around us.  I don’t think God is done.  I do think the church is about to experience one of the biggest revival we’ve seen.  God sees us, and His heart has never left us.  He is faithful!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!