I fell through a window!

The day before my last day of fifth grade I was waiting outside after school for my sister to come and pick me up. We’re just under six years apart and since she had her license she would pick me up after school. I was bored, and she must have been running late. The middle school had a submerged first floor so the windows of the first floor were ground level. There are times when you’re bored and you don’t think anyone is watching that you can choose to make stupid decisions and this was one of those times for me. I decided to step down into a cemented off small pit in front of the art room window and wait for her there. But I didn’t stop there. I thought no one is watching. . . I wondered what would happen if I leaned up against this window. The next thing I knew I was in the art room. Shards of glass laid around my body as if confetti. My head throbbed because I’d landed directly on it. No one was in the room and I looked at my hand to see blood already beginning to form in cuts from the glass. Managing to get myself up slowly, I walked through the boiler room to find a teacher in the hallway. When my sister finally did show up she was annoyed because I wasn’t waiting for her out front until she found out I was hurt. All in all beside the broken window I just ended up with a really badly bruised head for awhile.

There are times in life where you can feel as if you’ve waited and waited for the things of God to manifest, and because you haven’t seen them do so you can make some unwise choices. It’s easy to reason in your head, “Well, I haven’t seen anything yet. So what difference does it make if I make a bad choice?” I promise you it does make a difference!! You do not know when God will return. You do not know when God will put you in a place where he needs you.


Matthew 24:43 says, “But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into.”


Matthew 25 The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins says,“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. “And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. “Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’ “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.”

The devil wants to lie to you. He wants you to think that its okay you can go off and make unwise choices. He’ll try to tell you it won’t matter, but in 1 Peter 5:8 it says,” Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.”

We must stay on guard. We must stay on alert. We must not think that just because we don’t fruit from our labor yet that it won’t happen. We must not thing just because Jesus hasn’t come back yet for his church in the end times that it won’t happen. I assure you that one day it will. The day will come where He will show up for you, and you need to be waiting for him. If you’ve gotten off course some where then repent and get right back to where God wants you. You need to be alert! You need to say, “I’m right here!” You need to be like the five gals in the virgin’s parable who were prepared. Because the time is drawing nigh, and “I was bored” is not going to be a suitable excuse in the eyes of God. If you keep putting it off you may not have an opportunity later. Be on alert!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!