Do you feel like your digging a well with a post hole driver?

I recently reheard a story of my families past that got me thinking. My dad was telling me of helping my grandfather and great grandfather dig a well. He and my uncle were expected to dig this well with a post hole driver. I actually had to Google images to see what a post hole driver was, looking at them made me realize how ill equip using one would be to dig a well. My dad laughed as he told me that they went down inch by inch. At what seemed like a snails crawl. Several times they thought that they would hit water to find out it was only a pocket and they had to dig further. Finally, after hours they struck water.

I remember many years ago setting in church feeling all annoyed because things in ministry were taking longer than what I thought they should. Pastor Arthur spoke a word from the pulpit about how Navy Seals are sometimes trained to maybe only move an inch a day and it’s so the enemy can’t see that their getting closer and closer to their mark. However, eventually they get there.

Sometimes in life it can feel that you’re getting to the things God had told you at the pace of the post hole driver. When really you want to get there now, you have to realize that the process teaches you more along the way than you may realize.

Do you remember the fable of the tortoise and the hare? The hare eventually wins the race because he stays steady and consistent. It is the same in the Kingdom of God. Those who endure shall reap the harvest. Those who are consistent. Those who are stable. Matthew 24:13 says, “But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”

Mark 4:16-18 says, “ These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble. Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word” Notice here that the ones who do not have roots are ones that do not endure. You must go deep to dig roots in your walk with God. Sometimes you may feel like your digging with a tablespoon but even if its that slow, constantly doing that will eventually get you to where you need to be in God.

So often, we think we just cannot endure anymore, and we just cannot go on. I promise you though God has not given up on you. God is a consistent and faithful God. He is patient with you. Psalm 100:5 says, “For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”

I am convinced that if left unchecked frustration can become a wedge between you and God. I assure you that God is faithful! He has given you the grace and ability to do the things He has called you to do. Do not allow your frustration to linger between you and God. Realize He is getting you right where He needs to even if it‘s only an inch at a time.

If you do not give up, you will see the promises! Eventually my dad and my uncle struck water with that post hole driver. They were consistent and did not give up. Don’t you give up on the things God has for you today. Your harvest, your breakthrough is right below the surface and God’s about to bring you to the other side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!