Are you suffering from Prophetic Amnesia?

Last week I found myself slipping back into some old mindsets in my thinking. As I thought about how I taught last week about people in the body suffering from prophetic dyslexia I realized that also many including myself at times have fallen in to the trap of prophetic amnesia. It becomes so severe at times it’s almost as if we’ve developed prophetic Alzheimer’s disease in the spirit realm or in our thought life.

What do I mean by that? Well many of us have received prophetic word after prophetic word regarding certain matters in our lives. Maybe you don’t hear a prophetic word through someone else about something, but maybe God has spoken to you on the matter, or maybe you can open up the Bible and read scripture after scripture about a particular instance you’re facing. Hearing from God is exciting! But then how do you react when you don’t see the circumstances change overnight? What if the circumstance is still there for days, weeks, or even years? How then do you react? Do you stay just as convinced as you were the day you heard from God as to what the outcome will be, or have you begun to doubt? Have you forgotten what God said about the matter?

The faith of Noah has always amazed me. I’m sure Noah’s family, friends, and everyone in between thought he was crazy. However Noah heard from God and was convinced on the matter. According to the Bible it took Noah and his sons around 100 years to build the ark. Noah went 100 years on one encounter with God. In 100 years he kept doing what God told him to do even if it seemed weird.

Doubt and unbelief have no place in the mind of a mature believer. If you plan on doing anything for the kingdom you have to drive it out of your thought life. You have to grab tightly to whatever God has spoken to you and refuse to let go. My spiritual mentor Pastor Arthur Lee used to always joke that God isn’t schizophrenic. He doesn’t say one thing one day and change his mind the next. He doesn’t just put something into motion and change it the next. God does things with purpose and on purpose.

Isaiah 55:8-10 (NIV)
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.


Drive doubt and unbelief out! You have to trust God above what you see. Remind yourself what God has spoken to you in the past. Remind yourself of all the things He’s done in your life. I think that most charismatic Christians treat the prophetic as if it’s no big deal. If they get a word they might throw the tape in with all the others just so they can stay on the shelf and you never think of it again. God doesn’t talk just to hear himself talk! You have to get those words out and begin to trust Him again. Seek God on the matter. Do NOT forget what he has spoken! Make His words important to you in your life. Remember His words!

I’ll admit that sadly I had a few days last week where I suffered from prophetic amnesia. The waiting can be hard. But I’m vowing to remind myself of what God has spoken. I want to treasure His word above my feelings. The process is worth it! God loves you and He has good plans for your life. Submit to them, and I promise you it’s worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!