But I Can't See!

I have two kids ages 9 and 4. My oldest goes to school and my youngest is still being home schooled for pre-K. We walk most days to pick up my oldest from school, and most days that moment when my youngest is searching the crowd for my oldest to come through the gate is one of the most exciting moments of her day. She waits anticipating the moment that she sees her older sister. She can’t wait to tell her about her day.

On Tuesday I saw my oldest from a distance make her way from the gate. However my youngest did not.

“There she is!” I thought out loud.

“But mommy I can’t see her!” My youngest questioned.

“She’s on her way.” I said

“But I don’t see her!” My youngest started to whine.

“Trust me, I can see her.”

“But mommy I can’t see her!” My youngest was starting to get sad. Patience rarely comes easily for a 4 year old.

“You’re going to have to trust me.” I finally replied.

Finally my oldest came toward us, and as hugs were exchanged I realized that I’d just experienced another God parenting moment. It’s amazing how our children can teach us about our relationship with God the Father.

So often we do the same thing to God that my youngest did to me. God can see the change coming in your life. He can see that the breakthrough it’s on its way. Maybe you’re believing Him for your healing to manifest, or a better job, or a family member, whatever it is He can see it. So he tells you He can see it! Whether it’s through a prophetic word, an inclining, or the Word you know you heard Him on the matter.

“But daddy,” you whine “I can’t see it!”

“It’s okay,” He soothes, “It’s there. It’s coming. Your going to have to trust me.”

“But daddy, I can’t see it!”

“It’s coming I can see it. Trust me.”

I have always joked that there is a reason patience is a fruit of the spirit, because it takes a supernatural work for it to occur in most situations. I am not naturally a patient person, but God puts a lot of stock in patience.

Hebrews 10:36 (Amplified)
For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised.

James 1:4 (Amplified)
But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.


Patience allows us to fully develop and lack nothing. Being patient and at peace in a situation is that we trust what God is saying even if we don’t see the circumstances change.

God sees your tomorrows. He sees your next years, and he sees the last days you’ll breathe upon the earth. He can see your life. When He tells you that change is coming, believe Him! When he tells you that thing that you’ve been crying out to Him is coming, believe Him! When my daughter kept questioning me about seeing her older sister I found myself getting a little aggravated. I was thinking “Child, I told you I saw her! Why won’t you believe me?” But yet I realize that so many times I’ve done the same thing to God.

Choose to trust what He tells you. Choose to trust Him beyond the circumstances that you may see in front of you. Choose to know that God is a good God that loves you and wants the best for you. He sees past the crowds and chaos of your life. When He tells you your breakthrough is coming, choose to believe Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!