Do You Feel Like You're Standing on One Leg Ready To Fall?




As I mentioned in the last blog, my family and I spent a few days in the Tallahassee area last week. We got to visit Wakulla State Park which is a beautiful preserve. It once was the film location for two Tarzan movies and “Creature from the Black Lagoon.” We saw manatees, alligators (which I’ve learned to be okay with as long as I’m in a boat and their not), various birds, and fish on our boat tour. As we listened to our tour guide we came across this tree. I got a good picture of it, and that’s the one that is above. I thought it was an interesting shot. This tree looks like it’s going to fall down in the water at any moment. If you could imagine it as a person, it’s almost as if it’s standing on one leg.

As I began to reflect upon that tree I saw how so often we’ve all gone through out lives like that tree. We’ve been weathered, felt as if we’ve been beaten down, and feel as if we’re barely standing. Life can be like that sometimes.

We have to allow ourselves to have times when God pours His life into us. We have to allow ourselves to have moments of rest. We have to recognize that we’re feeling like this tree in the water barely hanging on, and cry out to God to restore us.

Jeremiah 31:25 (NIV)
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."

Acts 3:19 (NIV)
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

It is not God’s will that you feel like this tree barely hanging on. His will is that you would be springing up with life. His will is that you would be prospering.

So if you feel like this tree today, cry out to God and do what He’s telling you to do. That might mean taking some moments of rest. That might mean a fast to break off whatever is weighing you down. That might mean breaking out of your normal routine because you refuse to keep feeling this way.

Trust the Lord. He loves you! Allow Him to guide you to refreshing today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!