The Five-Fold Ministries are not Wind-up toys!

Expectancy vs. Manipulation


When I was a little girl, my grandmother had several wind up toys that we used to play with. I can remember spending hours trying to get the toys to go in the water where I wanted them to go. I have begun to see that in the body of Christ more and more there are people trying to get the five-fold ministry gifts to go where they want it to go and do, just like I did with the wind up toys.

For those of you who are not familiar with the term “five-fold ministry” term here is the scripture in which the term is taken from.

Ephesians 4:10-12 (Amplified Bible)
10He Who descended is the [very] same as He Who also has ascended high above all the heavens, that He [His presence] might fill all things (the whole universe, from the lowest to the highest).
11And His gifts were [varied; He Himself appointed and gave men to us] some to be apostles (special messengers), some prophets (inspired preachers and expounders), some evangelists (preachers of the Gospel, traveling missionaries), some pastors (shepherds of His flock) and teachers.
12His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people), [that they should do] the work of ministering toward building up Christ's body (the church),

There are people in the body of Christ today who have been gifted some as an apostle, some as a prophet, some as a teacher, some as an evangelist, and some as a preacher. Not everyone holds a five-fold ministry gift. Some people are called to be saints. The five fold is specifically supposed to equip the saints. Do I believe in modern day apostles, prophets, teachers, evangelists, and pastors? Yes I do. However notice that God appoints them and not the person appoints them. God Himself appoints (creates) both men and women to hold these mantles.

All too often, this concept is skewed in the body of Christ. The saints have this misconceived idea that they get to manipulate and operate the five-fold to do their bidding when really that is not true. The five-fold was created to equip the saints. As I write this, I can hear many trying to say how does one do that? Truthfully, I have story after story of people coming to me to get a prophetic word on a specific matter. I am not a psychic. I am a prophetic voice. I can pray with you about something, but I do not get to pick and choose what God wants to say for your benefit. I am not a wind-up toy. I have to give an account for every word I have spoken and I am just God’s mailwomen in a sense. Have I missed it before, yup. However, it is something I try not to do. Other times I have seen people try to manipulate their pastors. They want their way, and will threaten just about anything in order to get it.


The five-fold ministry gifts are gifts. Their not our own personal wind-up toys. People mix up expectation with manipulation all the time. To expect something means you confidently believe in something. If you manipulate you’re trying to control somebody or something. Having expectancy is very different than trying to manipulate someone in order to get what you want.

You have to allow the five-fold ministry gifts in your life to do what their called to do, and that is to teach you and train you. I don’t care what you’re called to do on this earth, you will have times of teaching and training. Even Jesus had to go to John the Baptist to get baptized. He had to humble himself.

Proverbs 29:23 (KJV)
A man's pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Check your relationships to those around you that you know God has put in your life to help equip you for you calling. Are you trying to manipulate or expect. Allow them to help equip you for what God has called you to. In the long run, you’ll be glad you did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!