Ten Years Ago. . .

If you have read my blogs and/or have known me for any length of time, you have probably heard this story. Somehow it never gets old to me, though you cannot live spiritually off the things you did in the past, always have my own way of remembrance of this day in our lives.

Ten years ago, we choose to step out in faith even when it seemed crazy. Ten years ago, we choose to leave everything known and familiar to step out on the water. In the spring of 2000, we had been living in Pittsburgh PA and God spoke to me that we were going to move to Central FL and Dan was going to work for one particular company. However, that company was not hiring. So we moved briefly back to Ohio to stay with my parents that summer until we figured out what we were doing. We we had only been married a few months. We began looking and praying about jobs all over the countries. Options would begin to materialize at the last moment only for a door to shut. We were frustrated and did not know what to do. Days merged to weeks, and about three months later, we found out that we were expecting our oldest daughter.

There was one job that we knew would be temporary that manifested in Central FL. So out of desperation we packed everything we could in the car while I puked from morning sickness all the way to Florida. We left Ohio on Monday. It was Veterans Day, and on Tuesday we were in FL. That Wednesday morning I called a few churches in the area and Freedom was the first one to call me back. We arrived on the doorstep of Freedom Life Church on Wednesday. Pastor Arthur got up on the platform and began to prophesy that we were right on time. Though ones told us that if we moved to FL we would never make it, God was saying this was right where we needed to be. We have been part of the Freedom family ever since.

My family blessed us by driving a U-haul down weeks later after we had secured an apartment to bring what other items we had. At that time to our knowledge we had no health insurance. We knew deep down the job Dan had was temporary, eventually God spoke to us that I should not work. Eventually the doors opened and Dan ended up working for the company God told me he would and insurance and everything we needed was eventually worked out.

Sometimes it is easy to look at your life and be frustrated about how slow things seem to have taken, but I look back on where Dan and I were to where we are today and I can only marvel at everything God has done. To me these last ten years have been like a Holy Ghost boot camp and specialized training all in one. As I write this I feel that again it is the finishing of one chapter in our lives and beginning of a new one. As many of you know two weeks ago we launched out in Doveagle Ministries, and we are also seeking God’s timing on some other things that will be launching of destiny.

I want to encourage all of you today. That God’s plan is always bigger than what we can see. When we moved here 10 years ago, there were so many ‘what if’s’ that roamed in our minds. However, I can truly say we choose to step out on the water, and God has met us every step of the way. It has not always been easy. But I am so glad we choose to be in God’s plan for our lives.

Isaiah 55:8-11 (MSG)

8-11"I don't think the way you think.
The way you work isn't the way I work."
God's Decree.
"For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
and don't go back until they've watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They'll do the work I sent them to do,
they'll complete the assignment I gave them.

 

God is no respecter of persons. He doesn’t play favorites (Acts 10:34). God is just looking for people to trust Him. You have to put your faith in His ability to do in your life what He said He would do!

I encourage you today to go forward in what He has said. Go forward to step out of the comfort and safety of what you know. Go forward in His plans!

I’ll end this with a great verse that Pastor Greg just preached. I needed to hear this verse and I believe it’ll encourage you too.

Jer 1:12 (MSG) “And God said, "Good eyes! I'm sticking with you.
I'll make every word I give you come true."  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!