Is the Real You in Hiding?

Is the Real You In Hiding?

I have often found myself talking about how when I reached a certain age I had a shifting in the way I viewed others and myself. I had always been the type of person that never wanted to upset people. I was a constant “peacemaker” that was trying to keep the waters smooth at the detriment of myself at times. I remember one silly instance when I did not want to confess that I hated donuts. I mean really that’s a food that is revered in the junk food culture there must be something wrong with me I thought so I’ll keep telling myself that I like them. It did not work. I still hate donuts. Finally, one day I stopped trying to hide who I was. It had gotten old, and all I felt was cheated out of being me. The experience was very freeing to me. Being empowered to be who you are in Christ is a gift.

Psalm 139:13 (Message)
Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.


God knows you. He formed you. He created you to be you. When you keep being too scared to be who you are in Him, you’re not only cheating yourself out of freedom but your cheating God out of getting to see you take the place He created for you.

However sometimes people justify their sin as being “who they are” and that’s not Biblical. God didn’t create you to have sin in your life. However, He created you to be whole in Him.

Galatians 5:13 (NIV)
[ Life by the Spirit ] You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

Finding that freedom in Christ can never be a justification for sin or fleshly desires.

Isaiah 61:1 (NIV)
[ The Year of the LORD’s Favor ] The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,


If you feel yourself in bondage, there is freedom for you. Jesus came to set the captives free. Be true to who God called you to be in this life. Stop being afraid to be who God has made you on the earth. Be free to be yourself in Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!