What Motivates You Forward?

On Monday I was setting down with Dan watching Sid Roth’s show “It’s Supernatural.” I confess I love that show, and suddenly I felt the spirit of God ask me a question.

“Why do you want to go forward in your destiny so much?”

My first response to this question was to get a little annoyed. I mean the Holy Spirit has asked me that question at various times throughout my walk and I thought immediately, “Haven’t we been through checking my motives several times before? How am I off?”

“Why do you want to go forward?” I felt I heard it again.

“Ok, fine. God I want to go forward because I just want to fulfill what you’ve called me to do.” Easy answer. . . However what the Lord began to download to me will change the way I view things forever. I will not be able to give you the word for word conversation, but I do feel led to download the just of what the Lord began to show me.

Our motivation to move forward cannot include our own comfort. It can’t be all about us. What the Lord began to download to me is that there are many He’s called me to minister too, and to say the only reason I want to move forward is about fulfilling the call of God on my life is a wrong way of looking at it. We have to realize that there is a lost and hurting world out there that we’re called to minister to, and the reason why we run with a passion can’t be just about us and God. It must also be about them. It must also be about the people that need to hear the message which God has entrusted to you.

I’ve begun to reflect on Jesus and His walk. It is a mystery how much he really knew at what stages of development what his destiny was on this earth, but it’s without a doubt he knew at the Garden of Gethsemane what was before Him. His motivation was yes, to fulfill his purpose on the earth. However I believe as Jesus endured torture, torment, and a brutal death that it wasn’t just about fulfilling his purpose, but it was about you. It was about me. It was about the people who needed what his blood purchased.

Romans 8:5 (MSG)
Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God's action in them find that God's Spirit is in them—living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn't pleased at being ignored.

We have to start focusing on God more than ourselves. We have to focus on His people. It matters not how comfortable we are, but that his will is accomplished. Our lives are so fleeting on this earth. Choose to go forward because God is beckoning you. Choose to go forward because there are people that need to hear your story. It may only be one person and it may be 50 million. But God is calling you to push forward. Move forward today, you’ll be glad you did.

*** For those of you in the Central FL area, there is a book signing for the latest book I’m in. “Heavenly Humor For A Cat Lover’s Soul” I will be at the Books-A-Million in the Loop in Kissimmee FL at 12:30 on Saturday the 20th. It’s free to meet and greet me, the book sells for $7.99 I look forward to the event and hope you can make it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!