Leave Your Bags At The Door!

Over the holidays, my husband had purchased the book “Become a Better You” by Joel Osteen. Having just finished my own book I am settling into my between writing a book ritual of reading a lot and researching for the next. On Friday, I was having some thoughts that I knew were contrary to what God is doing in my life and I emotionally cascaded on Dan. He smiled patiently and told me to read Joel Osteen’s book. I knew that this was one of those times that it was God’s instructions coming through my husband, but all day Friday I avoided it. When Friday night rolled around, I was still in an emotional funk and Dan responded by asking me if I had started reading that book yet. Finally, I started to read it.

Isn’t awesome how there are times where the Holy Spirit can direct us to be in a place to hear the exact thing we need at that moment? I needed to read this book. As I read it, I sat in tears as the Holy Spirit continued to bring things up to me that I needed to work on.

One major vein continued to impress upon me, and I felt I needed to bring it up to all of you today.

In Osteen’s book, he talks about being in a government building once and there were two sets of doors. In order for you to open the next door, the doors behind you needed to be closed. He was saying that we can compare that to our own lives in the sense where we need to walk forward into the things God has called us to, and leave the past in the past. Personally, I began to see this issue occurring in my own life. There is so much God has called me to, and I’m beginning to see some fulfillment. However, in order for me to step into the new door that has been prophesied time and time again I have to let go of anything that could be holding me back.

I realized for my life this thing that I had to let go of was the ‘season of the process‘. That I’ve been through so much to get at this place in my walk, I couldn’t let that weigh on me. I have to let all the weight of all the times people have told me no I couldn’t do or be what God had called me go, and press forward into the new door.

In order for you to grab hold of your destiny, you must let go of all those things that have weighed you down in the past. Whether it’s the “weight of the process” like me, or maybe it’s past failures, or disappointments. Whenever it is, you have to let go of the baggage to go through the next door.

Philippians 3:12-14 (NIV)12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Take time today to let go of those things that are weighing you down. Take time today to consider what is holding you back from walking in the fullness of where God wants you to be. There is a door before you that God has destined for you to step on through. Let your past go, and step into destiny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!