Sometimes You Have to Make a U turn!




Yesterday was a very long day. A few days ago, I thought it was a great idea to get all the boxes of books and take them from the garage to the house myself, and managed to twist my back. I had not been sleeping well because my brain sometimes needs to be reminded it is time to rest and my back hurt so bad. Then yesterday morning we had the kick off of my ‘Southern Book Tour’ at Freedom Life Church (which went well! Thanks to everyone). Then right after that we had plans to drive to a resort in the touristy district because some extended relatives of my husband were in town. It was very nice of them to cook us an Italian dinner. In theory we knew we’d be running a tad behind in time. But we’d get there to the hotel eventually. However Dan and I took a very quick look at the map and assumed that when we reached a main road we’d turn right when we were supposed to turn left. We traveled down International Drive for the longest time. The Florida sun is already starting to think it’s summer. There was some cheerleading/dance competition going on so between that and spring breakers we were stuck on I Drive for what seemed like FOREVER! We kept thinking we’d eventually hit the right hotel. So we kept driving. It was hot, we were all tired, the traffic was horrible, and I was trying to figure out how to use our new phone to see a map. Finally we realized that we’d gone the wrong way, and we weren’t a little late as we thought we would be originally. We were an hour and a half late. I hate being late for anything. Eventually everything worked out though. The meal was beautiful, and seeing family for us is like wetting a dry sponge. We had an enjoyable evening.

It’s funny in life we do these kinds of things all the time. We can be so convinced we’re going in the right direction only to find out we were wrong and we have to go the other way. I can remember seeing a T-shirt once I always loved that said, “God always allow’s U-turns”.

As many of you have read before one of my favorite scriptures is Isaiah 30:21 “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

Yes, the fact we got lost, stuck in traffic, were too hot, or and I failed to mention our gas tank was almost on E, was irritating. But the good thing is, is that we got back on track and didn’t let that 1 hour detour destroy our evening.

If you find that you’ve been traveling the wrong way, it’s an easy solution, turn to the direction God has for you. Don’t mourn the lost time, just turn around and it’ll all work out. I’ve heard of many people say well I’ve spend so long going down this path if I turn around now, it’ll all be wasted time. Well no, God can turn anything into use for His kingdom. Our miss turn down I -drive wasn’t wasted time. I know now that the hotel we wanted was the other direction, and we saw parts of I Drive I haven’t seen in years. :-) Time is only wasted when you refuse to give it to God.

God has awesome plans for your life. Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!