Detour Ahead

On Sunday morning I had the awesome privilege of getting to minister in Payne, OH at Living Water Ministries. But getting there wasn’t without issues. The entire town of Payne had been without power for a week and up until the night before I wasn’t sure how this meeting was going to happen. I had spent the night in Bellefontaine, OH according to MapQuest my destination was only 1 hour and 40 minutes away. However for some crazy reason the GPS kept insisting it was 2 hours and 40 minutes away. Sometimes I wonder how anyone got anywhere before GPS and MapQuest. I’m not sure I could have done it. I have a personal pet peeve of being late so even after double checking MapQuest I left a little early for its time, hoping the GPS was wrong. I took a few wrong turns but I was so excited. With 20 minutes to spare I turned down the road to reach to my final destination. I wasn’t going to be late but on time! Until I saw the big orange detour ahead sign! What?! No! I wanted to pound my forehead into the steering wheel. This couldn’t be happening? With only 4 miles left the sign informed me that the road was closed three miles ahead. Sigh! So I called the pastor trying to get directions and set off to change the course of my trip. The GPS recomputed as I found myself breaking a few speeding laws. Ok, I admit to it! I was taken 10 miles out of my way. Finally on the corner of one road I saw an old one room school house. I admit I have a love of these old buildings so I had to flip the car in reverse and quick take a picture and then speed onward. When I arrived to what the car said my destination it wasn’t my destination. I couldn’t find this place anywhere! I started driving back and forth on the street. Surely I could find this place. Finally out of desperation and now only a minute to spare I started to call the pastor again. But every time I called the call was dropped. The cell phone had turned useless. I pulled up to a gas station. I needed to get to this church on time. I was the guest minister. I couldn’t be late. I opened the door to see a line of at least four customers waiting to be served. NO! I wanted to scream. Don’t these people know I need to get somewhere? Finally I asked. “Does anyone know how to get to Living Waters from here?” It’s funny I didn’t notice it before but the last customer in line was wearing a Living Waters T-shirt and smiled when she realized I was the guest minister for the day. “Follow me.” She smiled. It all worked out in the end. It was a good service and despite the craziness, I think I was only 10 minutes late. If anything I just felt it was a divine connection that I got there. Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. It could have been worse, but it worked out. There was a joke that was formed while I was preaching. I was joking that Christians needed to start acting like Fonzie from the Happy Days. That when storms come Christians learn to be cool. That when the waves of life come they walk in that Fonzie anointing. Realize that waves coming against you may get frustrating, but they work together for good to those that Love the Lord. You don’t need to lose your peace, you just need to learn to go with it, and continue to declare God’s will to come forth. Remember He has awesome plans for your life. Get Excited! ***I am only going to be writing one blog this week. Sorry guys. I’m flying back to FL this week, my birthday is this week, and in the chaos of trying to settle myself and kids back into our house when we’ve been gone for almost 6 weeks is something I need to focus on. But I’ll be back at you next week with two blogs. Dan and I are currently praying about some big decisions regarding ourselves and our family. I would appreciate that when you pray, continue to pray that God would lead us to His perfect will. Be blessed. We love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!