Surprise Birthday Purse

My oldest daughter’s birthday is fast approaching, and as part of her present I made her a purse out of duct tape. I know it sounds odd, but it’s actually a very cool thing. I had made one for myself, and she loves it. However what she doesn’t know is that I went out of my way to pick out a roll of duct tape with a pattern that I knew she would really like. The purse has been made and even made its way to Ohio so that she could get it on her birthday. It’s been tucked away waiting for her special day. Today I decided to make a duct tape purse for one of my nieces too. So I could put it with her birthday present as well. They share the same birthday. I knew immediately what pattern of design duct tape I wanted to use. It was a different one than the one I used for my daughter. When we went to Wal-Mart to pick up the tape, my oldest daughter took one look at the different colors and patterns and picked out the exact one that her purse is made out of, but she doesn’t know that yet. She picked it up and sweetly said, “Mom, I really like this one.” “You do? That’s nice” I took the other roll toward the register and had to turn away from giggling to myself. I know now that I was exactly right in the one she would like for herself. Later in the day after I’d made my niece’s purse, I gave the left over duct tape to my daughter and told her she could play with it. “Mom? Do you think I’d have enough left over to make myself a purse?” “No babe. I don’t think so.” Again I had to stifle my smile because I know she wants a duct tape purse. I know she wants one with the pattern she’d picked out and little does she know she already has one waiting for her. Many times in life, we find ourselves disappointed. We think we want something or are waiting for something, and don’t see it happening. But often God works in the realm of the unseen. He could be already doing the very thing you’re crying out to him about, and you just don’t see it yet. Hebrews 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:3 (NIV) By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. You might be surprised, that just like I am with my oldest daughters purse…that God might be doing something in the unseen for you. You might not see it yet, but I’m sure God is setting you up for a big surprise. Just because you can’t see it yet doesn’t mean it’s not there…maybe it’s just that God’s getting ready for the right time to surprise you. Maybe, just maybe you have to wait for the right timing….(Hab 2:2-3) God’s surprises are the best! Just like my daughter who will open up her birthday present and think ‘How on earth did I manage to do this without her knowing’, you’ll be just as excited if not more to see how God has set you up for an awesome surprise. Remember He has awesome plans for your life. Get excited! ****NOTE: This is not a pict of her purse but of one I made awhile back. :-) ***I have two more events in my current Northern Tour: Sat 7/7 in Columbus, and Sunday 7/8 preaching in Payne, OH….email me if you’d like more info

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!