Quitting UNO



My family sat around and played UNO together a few nights ago.  Friends of us have taught us a new spin on the rules; if a plus something card is put on the pile then the next person can defer their picking up those cards if they have the same plus number card then the next person has to pick up the total amount.  So to explain that if I threw down a +4 card, and the next person threw down a +4 then the third person had to pick up 8 cards.  Whether these are actual rules or made up rules it certain amounts for some fun card games.  However the other night the +4’s kept being laid down until my youngest daughter found herself stiffed to pick up 16 cards.  Laughter, hoots, and cries could have probably been heard from several houses away. 

She cried, “That’s it I quit!”

She wanted to quit.  She decided it looked hopeless.  But, I wouldn’t let her quit.  “No, you’ll finish this game.”  So we finished the game, and she didn’t win that game.  I think I did.  But the next game we played she did win.

It can be so easy in the midst of the situation to get bogged down with what appears to be impossible and want to quit.  There is no condemnation here, I’ll admit to going through the same thoughts and emotions at times.  You have to purpose within your heart that no matter what storms may happen you won’t quit.  Take my daughter and UNO for example.  If she would have quit when she got dealt a difficult situation, she would have cheated me out of the one win, and she wouldn’t have won the next one herself.  Our quitting affects those around you and stops us from walking in victory. 

Galatians 6:9 (ESV)


And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

            I want to encourage all of you today.  Don’t quit.  Don’t grow weary. Look up, your help draws nigh.  I know it can be easy, but you don’t know what’s around the next corner.  Push through it and keep moving forward.  God is faithful to you.  He is faithful in your situation.  Put your trust in Him.  Do not allow such minor circumstances get your off of His plan for your life.  Life is an endurance run, it’s not a sprint.  Keep moving forward.

            God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!