An Elevator, a High Powered Magnet, and College Laughs


            When I was in college I lived on the 23rd floor of a high tower on the OSU campus.  I’d give the name here but perhaps it isn’t wise when I tell the story I’m about to in this blog.  Living on the 23rd floor meant that I spent a lot of time with my floor mates on the elevator.  There were two floors one needed to have a special key in order to travel to.  I’m not overly sure how it was discovered but one friend found while carrying a strong magnet we could override the system.  If he swiped the magnet over the control panel it would light up the forbidden floors.  We could travel to the prohibited two floors.  We were college students, and so we did.  Our moments of mischief in this case didn’t amount to much.  The one floor took us to the back of the kitchen and that elevator entrance was never used so we arrived staring at stacks of boxes and storage.  The other forbidden floor was the top of the floor that led us into some kind of industrial boiler systems.  We were just laughing to get to go where few students had “ever gone before”.

            Matthew 16:19 (NIV)

19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
            As believers we have ‘Special keys” to the kingdom.  Jesus gave us those keys.  They aren’t some high powered magnet keys that we’re just barely scraping through in order to get to where we aren’t supposed to be, but Jesus gave them to us for a purpose. We have legal rights and authority when we hook up with God’s will!  We are to loose our authority.  We are to use what Jesus gave us to speak into the atmosphere.  We are to remember who Jesus made us on the earth. 
            It can be easy to get beaten down by life and the circumstances that seem to rage against what you know to be God’s will.  I confess I’ve fallen into ‘pity party’ mode on too many occasions.  But I want to remind all of you today, that as believers, you HAVE been GIVEN the keys to the kingdom.  You didn’t steal them, or get them illegally.  You are operating in Heaven’s authority.  So speak to your circumstances.  Don’t let your circumstances speak to you!  Rise up and be the you God called you to be!!!!

            God has awesome plans for your life.  Get excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....And I broke the Pickle Jar

Lessons Learned In The Pruning Season

Don't Fall For the Fake Jakes!